konalavadome

Hemolytic Blood Loss Blues

• 19 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »
A bit late to this one (partly as I tend to cringe when I think there's a blues coming, and tend to cringe twice if the song has blues in the title!).

However, there's nothing too formulaic about this one - it has a taste of some of those old (Delta?) R&B tunes with slightly crazy guitar patterns which always seem to work... (Could it be the alternate tuning?)

Clever lyrical twist as well - refining lyrics is the only way I know, so maybe I can also learn something from this (save me from the lyric-overthinking blues?)

Cool and different - and effective.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 07:44:34 PM »
What an interesting title and theme... and not a straight take on the blues... actuallly suits your playing style perfectly. Love the electric guitar! Some great rhythm going on there too... I really like the structure of it ‘on you’ (so to speak).

This line?

‘Save me and I'll be a believer
If you stop this bleeding’

Brilliant!!

Yes, I like this one a lot!

K

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 07:00:30 AM »
Phew, I'm also glad this wasn't 'blues' in any conventional sense.  It's really rather super... everything from the world weary vocal delivery to the slightly syncopated acoustic rhythms to the interwoven electric to the simple-but-highly-effective production... it all works really well and is already lodged in my bonce.  It's pre-breakfast time here but I'm gonna be carrying this one around today for sure.
It's all too beautiful.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 12:34:46 PM »
Nice one Leonard - love the punchy guitar and the raspy vocals - reminds me of Canada's Bruce Cockburn  ;D
Too many of us are stuck to the tick track - it's great to hear pauses and variations in tempo - not easy to do in a DAW but worth it for the feel of a song like this one.

Talented work here for sure  ;D
Paul

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 01:54:35 PM »
This is a great sounding track. Love the guitar work and your bluesy delivery. Sounds really authentic and totally unlike anything on the forum.