Sadness in Your Eyes

• 23 Replies

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »
Hola @Andreas

I like rap, I have heard Turkish rap, especially hip hop, and it is of an unbeatable quality without undermining the American.
I would give the rhythmic a little more volume, so that the voice leans more on the rhythm, on the beat, so it will be more articulated.
When you start with the melody it is very good, you open the sound, a change that always comes in handy.
I wish you the best, the lyrics are very beautiful and overflowing with love.
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
Love this Andreas.
The sung chorus is a lovely moment(s) in the song though I really like the rapped sections a lot too.
The lo-fi works nicely. Maybe the piano is a little loud or not soft enough as you say....yeah, a bit harsh but nice nevertheless.
I was wanting something else to come in at some time...well I was at first but just listened again and I don't know now......maybe, maybe not.
I am probably guilty of overdoing things so perhaps not the best judge of that.

I did have the idea of having something play a little motif (what instrument I don't know) before the vocal starts and then reappearing again at a couple of points in the song....something that catches the ear each time to give an extra identifying factor.

But i did love it just as it is anyway!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »
@kevysc - Thank you for your kind words. Kevin! :) The drums, at least, I will try and build more into the song, like much of the modern, emotional rap these days do.

@moraamarolaloba - Thank you so much, Mora! :) The lyrics have so far been the star of this production :p But, I will work more on the production and see where it leads me :)

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - Thank you for those kind words! :) I have been working on adding a few piano notes softly in between the chords to fill them more, and make the drums more fluent (And unexpected) maybe, still without overdoing things too much, and add some harmony on the chorus maybe.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »

Hi,

Yeah, I like this.  I think you need to be careful what you do here, it already has a sort of charm/feel about it that is captivating, and holds you into the song.
 Depends where you want to go with it....a few strings maybe.  A bit more contrast in the singing bits, some 'treatment' for the vocals..... there are lots of things you
 could try out, but Handle With Care ;D ;D ;D.  I like it as it is.....

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »
Fab singing parts! I would definitely focus on singing rather than rapping in the future. The rap is not bad (not that I know much about rap) but not great either.
On the other hand this rap-but-not-quit-rap strangely enough gives the song a unique and "honest" vibe
As @Unclenny  already pointed out the "attack" of the piano overpowers the vox some so a bit of compression to tame it would probably be a good idea.

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2020, 04:17:58 PM »
Hi Andreas
A very emotive and stripped back track that very powerfully conveys the hurt in the vocals.lyrics. The only suggestion I would make, would be to perhaps 'sweeten the chorus a little with some backing vox etc in order to differentiate a bit more  from the verses. Good song though.

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »
@Binladeda - Thank you for your kind words! :) I will definitely handle with care on this! I have saved multiple back-up files if I screw it up some places :p I have been working on polishing the vocals up a little today, and testing out different EQ settings :)

@Jambrains - Thank you for your kind words! Rap is definitely not my main genre, but lately, most of the songs I have written have turned out to be hip/hop and rap... Might have something to do that I have been listening a lot to rap :p

The piano, I have changed to a LoFi Synth Keyboard instead to get the softness I was looking for :)

@Grubstar - Thank you for your kind words! :) I have been looking into doing the vocals for the chorus more LoFi, so connect with the whole song more, adding some compression and reverb, and adding a slight deeper harmony in the back with some delay.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 10:23:09 AM »
@Andreas - Listening for the first time while I write.

Like the phaser on the beats, why not double up on vocal the sung sections, that would be a pleasant contrast and random end of lines, such as 'Be your saving grace'

Some rap sections lose the rhythm rather.

Brilliant personal lyrics, you're very talented man Andreas. Love it.

If Ed Sheeran did this, they would be all over it like a rash....

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2020, 02:06:12 PM »
Hi,
The lyrics are great and the musical backing is great. I thought your vocal on the chorus was a little shaky and I don't like rap at all so for me the good parts are not enough to compensate for the negatives.
Sorry.
M