Let This Be A Warning

• 20 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 06:48:34 PM »
@kevysc - happens a lot with new features in software people go straight to them, and often fly past more useful existing ones...

I’m more guilty than most  8)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 09:59:52 AM »
Love this one! It started slowly for me but very soon got into it and the anxious percussion that really underpins everything. I think I've heard a couple of mixes and really like the current one. Very much like the simple chorus - it needs no more words.
Very cool.

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 07:51:10 AM »
Cheers @adamfarr , much appreciated. I think the mix has improved with the feedback from here ... I don't take every suggestion, but I always feel I get useful, constructive ideas which I guess shows the value of this forum

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2020, 09:35:08 PM »
Vocal and vocal melody really grabbed me.. I also hear the Bowie thing going on, which is great.. really like that motif going on in the background (not sure what voice you're using on it)... I really like the whole trance synthy to it all. That "Let this be a warning" is VERY hooky! I really enjoyed this @kevysc !

K

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2020, 11:44:44 PM »
Hi there Kev, really liked this, took me back to the likes of Heaven 17 or Teardrop Explodes, but this would have stood its ground back in the early 80s. As things always come around again, propelled by young folk who have never heard this kind of thing, then maybe it will have its day in the sun again soon.

Really interesting synth layering and a punchy chorus line that really grabs your attention. I hope to hear more of your stuff.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 09:43:40 AM »
@MonnoDB many thanks and glad you like it! Not sure which background voice you are referring to, but I got a new version of my DAW software (Samplitude) and played around with some of the effects / samples to layer the background.

@MichaelA love Heaven 17/ Teardrop Explodes, so thanks for that reference .... the best music is timeless, even if it does go in and out of favour :)