Heaven made me knowing you

• 5 Replies

J.S.M

• Busker
« on: June 30, 2020, 11:23:27 AM »

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum. I already listened to some of your songs and I probably can't live up to the professional sound but anyway I'd like to present you my new song.

The song was inspired by the album Unmasked by Kiss. I wanted to write a 70’s and 80’s inspired pop-rock song people can sing along to. Lyrically it's about aspects in the world that are not as they should be. The first verse is a fictional quote the narrator has heard somewhere and it's an example for something that should not be. The second verse is another example but in the narrators point of view. The whole message is dressed into a love song saying, you should be happy about the things you have, for example the ones you love because there's no need to hope for the whole big thing.

Don't let the video irritate you, it's unprofessional but I wanted to try out something else instead of showing the cover art the whole video.

I'd love to get some feedback about the song, especially about the sound (for future songs...). I wasn't sure this time. Mixing took me so long that I became deaf to mistakes. Are the drums too quite or are the vocals too loud maybe?

Thanks for listening  ;D

Lyrics:

"My lady turned 22 today
She was a little naive and a little complicated
I used to look her way
Well she was talking too much but she's well decorated"

Let's make love not hate 
And serve your best on a silver plate
Let's make love not war
That's not what we're here for

It takes more than a million hearts
So shout it out, just shout it out
It takes more than a brand new start
To shout it out what it's all about
Oh this world might be unfair through and through 
But I know heaven made me knowing you

Why should a guy being different
Be left outside alone though he is tender hearted
I guess you were never on your own
The world is calling your name, forsakenly rewarded

Waiting on the corner then she's knocking on my door
There ain't this world no more
All I ever needed was your guiding light and love
That was enough

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:01:36 AM »
Hi @JSM

Welcome to the forum!!!
Your song has a very young spirit and easy rhythm, with an original way to talk of love!!! Cheers!
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 12:57:26 PM »
@J.S.M  I actually enjoyed the video as well as the song. Lots of energy in both.

Pretty decent mix as well. Nothing really jumped out at me for critique.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

J.S.M

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »
Thank you  :)  I was really sceptical whether I should release the video or not so I'm glad you enjoyed it  ;D

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 03:51:12 PM »
Hi, good song well sung. I felt the sound lacked a bit of depth and oomph. There were lots of mids and highs but not much bass sound *( at least on my monitors). I think this would have made it sound less like it was coming out of a small radio. Didn't mind the video ;). I also agree that the drums were a bit on the quiet side and the vocals were a bit loud, but that might be because of the overall high end sound.

Good song!

Cheers
Jamie

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 10:43:45 AM »
I think it's a good strong song! Have to agree with @Jamie that it was missing a little depth my personal preference though I like deep and punchy sounds. The drums sounded ok to me...but I have a major problem when I'm trying to mix drums so.....maybe dont take my opinion on that :)