New song.......All I am *updated link*

• 20 Replies

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 08:21:13 AM »
Great song and great vocals, lovely acoustics guitars, tons to like here. A good build as well, nice solo, I can hear a second solo guitar harmony there (well, in my head at least)

but.... to me the drums are far to lame to take full advantage of the build. One is expecting this large-than-life sound towards the second half and one get Ringo Starr?!?!  ;D
Bass is a little adventurous imo, think i's doing a little to much and too high up on the fret board leaving the oh so very important low end a little empty towards the latter half.
Think some bass player once said "there is no money above the 5th fret" and I think he has a point.
Anyway, fab in many ways, get some more power/punch to the bass and drum in the latter half and you have a killer track.
Well done!

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 11:01:55 PM »
Great song and great vocals, lovely acoustics guitars, tons to like here. A good build as well, nice solo, I can hear a second solo guitar harmony there (well, in my head at least)

but.... to me the drums are far to lame to take full advantage of the build. One is expecting this large-than-life sound towards the second half and one get Ringo Starr?!?!  ;D
Bass is a little adventurous imo, think i's doing a little to much and too high up on the fret board leaving the oh so very important low end a little empty towards the latter half.
Think some bass player once said "there is no money above the 5th fret" and I think he has a point.
Anyway, fab in many ways, get some more power/punch to the bass and drum in the latter half and you have a killer track.
Well done!

Well I love Ringo....haha.... Thanks man for your thoughts on it!
I may revisit this one later and Ill definitely keep those ideas in mind :)

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 08:47:53 AM »

Hi

Great song.  Really enjoyed listening to this.  Accompanies my reflective mood perfectly.  Beautiful vocals/lyrics. Very pro sounding
 production.  Would work very well for a 'change of pace' on an album, but I also think, with a fuller production and a bit more work on that lovely build
 you've got going (never seemed to reach its' climax ) it could be a Classic ;D ;D ;D

Loved it..
 take care...stay safe ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 09:43:34 AM »

Think this may be the first of yours I have heard - fantastic listen. It really is beautifully sung, and this is enhanced by top notch vocal production. It's an absolutely gorgeous song too, and right up my proverbial street - I would love to hear more from you, it would sit easy in my Sonos playlists. I thought the drums and percussion needed to cut through the mix a little more. It might be a case of EQ and subtle compression adjustment rather than just yanking up the volume.

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 11:03:44 PM »
@Binladeda - Thank You! Appreciate your thoughts on it, and I may just do that:)

@Bill Saunders - Hi Bill, glad you liked it!  drums definitely could be better.
                         Thanks for your thoughts and appreciate your comments!

Cheers, Ray

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 02:12:28 PM »
Yep, I can see this working very well as the slow track among rockers. The playing is great and it's a classical example of the genre. A chorus would have lifted it to epic proportions but I like it as it is. I think this would work well with just the vocal and an acoustic guitar. Great song.
M