konalavadome

Can U Feel It - alien genre thing

• 9 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 28, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
I had no real idea what DnB was. When I first heard the speed of those drums...170bpm...I thought never...so i took a DnB drumloop and slowed it down to 140kph. I think I could've got a bit more used to going faster but once I got started it was too late.

I latched on to the idea of sampling so sampled the riff from an old soul song, more or less stole a bass line from that old funkster Rick James and it evolved into this. So here we are.
There is another sampled bit backing the chorus/repeated bit and a sampled extra drum pattern in the bit leading up to the chorus.
Spot those sampled songs to win a big virtual prize. The soul riff first comes in at 0.48.

The vocal is a bunch of phrases strung together into what is hopefully some sort of cohesive, if pretty meaningless, narrative. Works Ok for this I think. I won't type out the lyric as it doesn't really make compelling reading.

So spot those samples folks. And spot the genre...I've no idea.

Oh yeah...not me singing! In fact I didn't play anything either.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:29:28 PM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 06:08:23 PM »
Wow ! - What an excellent production this is @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra. I was playing "spot the sample" I think I spotted the Rick James sample but not the others. A great vibe you have here and very authentic sounding as well. All so seamless. I don't know if it's drum and bass as I don't really know the genre but as far as working outside your genre I reckon that you have absolutely nailed it. Top work sir  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 12:10:42 AM »
This is great, VC...what a banging tune you’ve got here.

I was too busy enjoying the ride to spot any samples.

It seems like it’s a million miles away from where your heart lies...but it somehow fits like a glove. Sound quality is tip top too.

What a great entry...and it’s great to hear from you again 😀
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 08:16:11 AM »
Hello there VC! Glad to see you around here again. This is a supersonic dance track - I love the way you mix in the soul and the funk. The sprinkling of electronics is great too, really keeps it alive and moving. Love the title too - it really is "lit"! I think you achieved exactly what was required here, great stuff.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »
Great everything, a real fusion,, wonderful sound, very good team. @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
Hi VC, I don't know if it's drum 'n bass either but it certainly works as a dance song. Sounds very professional too. Enjoyed it!

Cheers
Jamie

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 04:14:03 PM »
This really is great, I can see it going down well at summer festivals and raves.  Love all the layers and parts throughout. 

The whole thing is top class!

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 08:19:29 AM »
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - Very accomplished, It sure is danceworthy, shiny production, great to hear from you again.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 02:30:28 PM »
Very well put together..I think you may have just found a new comfort zone..this is a seamless transition from your usual style..like you've been doing it for yonks :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 03:32:40 PM »
Yeah course you didn't play anything VC, as you have your orchestra to do that.   :D. Mind they did a top job there and excellently pieced together by you. Loads of interest all the way through, plus a real dance floor driving groove from start to finish. It would be great to hear it in a club. My, you've got me tapping my slippers to this one. Steady on or it'll be cardigan off next!

Great feel good listen and who knew you'd be out of your comfort zone, very polished and enjoyable.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860