konalavadome

So Far (Collab with The Editors)

• 21 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 10:22:01 AM »
@PaulAds @Grubstar @MonnoDB @Paulski @kevysc Thanks so much for your positive feedback. Working on a few more numbers with the old band. It's not me in the picture  :) But I do admit to having a similar haircut at some stage ion the 70's  ;D ;D

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 03:32:51 PM »
Hi Pompey,

Great to meet you on Zoom the other week. This is a great tune with a great vibe. It’s very reminiscent of the MC5 particularly their studio albums. Don’t know if they were an influence?

Very nostalgic. Would love to hear more of your stuff from this period. Is there anywhere we can find it?

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 06:04:19 PM »
Cheers @mickyplankton Great to meet you as well. To answer your question, I've compiled a Soundcloud playlist consisting of songs written by the band between 1979-1982 with a couple of new ones by the same band thrown in for good measure. You can find it here..............

https://soundcloud.com/pompeyjazz/sets/born-in-coventry

Cheers

John

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »
Great stuff this @pompeyjazz..love the guitar solo & overall "vibe". Took me back even though I wasn`t there. Nice one.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 06:12:03 PM »
@pompeyjazz

What I like most about your music is the urgency that we often lose as we pursue our musical journey. This is a great little  foot tapper designed to get the crowd down at the local enjoying a pint and a great atmosphere!

Well done!

Paul
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:20:07 PM by Wicked Deeds »

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 08:32:11 AM »
Hi John @pompeyjazz

I'm back in the student bar in '79, all spots and hair, feet sticking to the grubby carpet, beer spilling from plastic glasses, and bouncing up and down with 300 other yobs to this BRILLIANT band! That song and that performance was all about the "feel" for me. Pure joy - your vocals are perfectly suited to this type of song. The guitars are outstanding. Production as ever is superb.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 02:26:06 PM »
Great slice of 60's type pop/rock. Simple, direct and effective like a punch to the nose. Nice solo and powerful vocals with super harmony part. Classic stuff - had be bopping around my recording cupboard! Such a refreshing,effective track. Loved it.
M