konalavadome

Dance of Death

• 7 Replies

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« on: June 27, 2020, 04:00:54 AM »
Hello. Last two weeks I posted my song "Damn Things" to know your feedbacks and opinions about the song. I am so thankful that I got constructive words from many of you. Today I will ask for your little time and help again to listen to my song entitled "Dance of Death". I released the song last March 22, 2020 and as you all know I'm creating my songs for expression, either thoughts or feelings. For this one my inspiration is the moment when I felt so much fear of losing people I value and love. Music is really a great tool I can use in making myself think optimistic in hard times. Dance of Death is a song that I want to share with people to inspire them to cheer up and take a breath in hardest times. Life can be choking because of problems and sometimes we just need to help ourselves and take a deep breath. I'm asking for your help to please listen to the song and give me your honest feedback.  Wishing you a great day! I'll paste the lyrics and links below.

​YOUTUBE:

LYRICS:
===================
I was spending my time
On the things I hated
Now I look from the side
With closed eyes
I'm not fading away
Just waiting for another day
So good with you
Better without me

Ticking time
Different rhyme
Looking for something inside
What the hell am I?
I broke a glass
And get lost in the dust
I'm losing my mind
Ticking and ticking time
How dare am I
Thinking that you're mine
Hi again
And let me break your rules your rules

I'll do my best to get through the past
Take my car and go to sleep (to sleep)
Cheer up and take a breath
This is dance of death
Smile until the sky turns black (turns black)

I'm here
Pretend to be like me
So well and so fake
I know it
Don't say it
This room is so cramped
I wanna get out
I'm feeling this smoke
But the doors are locked

Ticking time
Different rhyme
Looking for something inside
What the hell am I?
I broke a glass
And get lost in the dust
I'm losing my mind
Ticking and ticking time
How dare am I
Thinking that you're mine
Hi again
And let me break your rules (your rules)

This is dance of death
Smile until the sky turns black (turns black )

Dance until your heart stops beating
My happiness can't live
It's fleeting
So dance to death
While you are breathing
I just can't exist with fears
Uh-huh

This is dance of death

This is dance of death
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:27:12 AM by Maya Clars »

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 12:51:34 PM »
I like this one. i like how you work the lyrics......a lot going on there and you really make it work.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »
Hi, a very polished production, sounds contemporary to me. Great voice. Very good.

Cheers

Jamie

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 04:36:51 PM »
Quite infectious, really like the percussion on this one and the way it comes and goes. I think the choruses were a little subtle for me - up until the last ones where you had various different harmonies and variations coming in, those were my favourites.

Some very nice dark images in the lyrics - the broken glass, and the smoke with the door locked. Dark - but very listenable.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 09:33:42 AM »
Again, like your previous track Damn Things, this is a very polished production and sounds like the dark modern pop on the radio (ie Billie Eilish, Halsey etc). It's a really polished production and sounds completely radio ready for something that you produced as a bedroom producer. You've clearly got a good ear for modern techniques and are honing your craft very nicely.

Going forward, it'd be great to see you venture a little outside your comfort zone on your next track and maybe have a go at using some vocal chops in the chorus/hook section of whatever you work on next.

J.S.M

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 11:39:59 AM »
So first of all the production is very professional, so is the voice and the songwriting. I really like the melodies. As someone mentioned before, the chorus is a little hidden. That's pretty much modern and you can do that but it's not my cup of tea. So the chorus has a great melody but personally I'd add some harmony vocals and a huge beat.
Apart from that there could be a little bit more movement in that song. It doesn't really evolve.
So the melodies, the voice and the production are great, a little more power in the chorus could probably even solve the thing with the movement but maybe it's just my taste and many othe people prefer it like you did it.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 03:02:27 PM »
Wow Maya!  This is not typically my genre but I like it when it's good, and this is excellent.  I missed Damn Things when you posted it but I've checked it out on Spotify.  I think they  are both really good and fit perfectly into today's sound. 

Keep producing this quality and you'll be fine!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial