konalavadome

All wrong challenge

• 3 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: June 26, 2020, 01:45:37 PM »
Some of you have a cherished guitar or piano, or a favourite this or a limited edition that...along with that, everyone strives for production that is really tasty, so here's the thing....

Record something on the instrument that you really try and avoid (mine is a hofner acoustic that a friend gave me and Cowparsleydaughter used it a sledge), and produce it all wrong, get the levels wrong, clip the vocal like it was the right thing to do, enjoy the freedom of doing it all wrong, push the bass wide right (like Instinct from Crowded House)

I'm up for a lark, but I won't spend long at it...no prizes, quick and dirty, an existing song of yours might be a quick route, just re tracked, not remixed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:52:47 PM by cowparsleyman »

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »
@cowparsleyman

That's easy I can do that with one of my already recorded songs :o :'( :(

Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 05:58:51 PM »
@Jamie - aha Boom Tish .... took longer than I expected, mr bond.

It would be great to hear from anyone that tries this challenge.

Think Opposite of what is convention...But keep everything in tune and in time..oh dear, back to convention ....

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
It's funny... I sat down to try something on this, but realised what a completely stupid idea it is, because I have to put the same amount of effort to get it wrong as I do to get it right... so....I'll get my coat.