What have the Romans ever done for us?

• 5 Replies

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« on: June 25, 2020, 12:01:57 AM »
Ok - just having a bit of fun with this backing track i could not be bothered to do any vocals on.
Have a listen if you have time - might not be able to review back much sadly as i am now a carer for my wife who has Parkinsons.
Many thanks in advance..................Make the most of this before they try and ban it ;)

What have the romans ever done for us?

Lyrics By Monty Python.

https://soundcloud.com/oooheroutons/what-have-the-romans-ever-done-to-us
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 08:56:41 AM by Morefrog Jones »

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 12:12:47 PM »
A funky track and a load of fun, reckon the narrative should be a bit louder because it's not always possible to hear the words..ok for me, I know Monty Python backwards 8) :) ;D
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 03:36:40 PM »
Hi, enjoyable funky backing track. The idea is good, but even though I sort of knew what was being said, it was irritating that I couldn't hear it properly.

Nice idea!

Cheers
Jamie

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 11:44:26 AM »
Sorry about your wife MoFo, hope you find the strength to deal with that.

The song no doubt gave you a bit of light relief. A chaotic slice of buffoonery if ever there was one. Some interesting funky riffing in there and nicely edited together vocal samples to make catch lines with more hook than I was expecting. Great fun  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 02:58:55 PM »
@Morefrog Jones - +1 with MichaelA, Maybe your music can lift her spirits?

I did agree with the comments that the Python samples were just to difficult to hear, maybe lose the fx and sidechain subtley them to the AllInstrument track, that should do the trick, but to be honest I bet that's the last thing on your mind right now.

All the best

Rich

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 08:42:20 PM »
Hey MFJ, I luuuuurve the bassline in this.  I would have had almost no clue it had Monty Python in it if you hadn't said so as I couldn't make those snippets out, but I still really enjoyed it... leaving the samples aside it is a really cool, funky, well constructed and interesting track.  I liked the strange high pitched vocoder voice too, however you did that. Banging.
It's all too beautiful.