makutu sovereign
the morning feast
and then the Agnew strain

I see the planes coming down from heavens above
I see the flames rising higher and nobody knows
Its just my time on the river Styx and I fear
thats just one in a million

Why did you write your song?
Jammed on the melody line and main lyrical idea during a session with the band then used a few months to finalize. I want to utilize some more creative lyrical ideas while keeping with the classic pop/rock formula.

What aspects of your song are you looking for comments about?
Did you enjoy the song? Do you think it has potential? Any comments on the songwriting (song structure, lyrics etc) or recording? Ideas on how to get music heard? And so on... please feel free to comment anything on your mind :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »
Hi, a touch of the Arctic Monkeys? Enjoyed it, nicely sung and liked the driving guitars. I'm pretty sure I reviewed one of your songs before and it was nothing like this! Or am I imagining that :P ::) ???.
Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 08:49:16 PM »
Hi, this made me think of US 90s Indie bands like "Jane's Addiction".  It has got a really fierce chorus - love the vocal melody in those parts and the kick drum / snare one-two rhythm that arrives there.  Interesting lyrics too - some really arresting images like the reapers throwing children into cauldrons - I'm not too sure what it is about but the words stick with you.  Nice stuff, well produced, and I bet it would be great to watch live.
It's all too beautiful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 06:24:51 PM »
I do enjoy a  lyric that is far away from anything that I have heard (or could create!) and this is definitely in that area. There are some lines that are a really good slap in the face (though also some that made me go "huh?" like 'makutu sovereign...).

Bit of a Nirvana vibe going on here which always works for me - I think this could be a really fun song to develop. Perhaps there is more coherence that you could put through the verses to create a more engaging story (perhaps getting involved in some pagan ritual or some other dangerous cult - maybe it's just these midsummer days that bring that to mind!).