konalavadome

Friday Night Songwriters Bar

• 18 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »
If I knew for sure I was available, I would be happy to take care of the next time. Unfortunately, I have no idea. I think @PaulAds would be perfect, though. He's always there the whole time. Whaddya think, Paul? If you haven't done it before, it's very easy. Try a short practice with someone ahead of time.  ;D

Brilliant to see you all yesterday evening, a great turnout and good news to hear that you will be joining us next week @shadowfax

I forgot to say last night that next week I will be exercising my right as a single person and staying with my brother in a "support bubble" for the weekend so If somebody else could organize it for next week that would be great. I think that you will have top create a new Zoom link as I have ownership of the existing one and the owner needs to let everyone into the meeting.

Hopefully I will try and pop in at some stage though just to say hello.

Personally, I think that these sessions have been absolutely great. We've talked all sorts of nonsense and even some serious stuff as well   :)

Cheers

John

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 01:39:54 PM »
Yeah... I'll do it...no bother.

Amazing how you foresaw the empty page in my diary...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 02:34:20 PM »
Congrats @MichaelA I'm not surprised it's a brilliant song. Good to catch up last night guys, and meet a few new faces!

Cheers
Jamie

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2020, 09:08:41 AM »
To those who asked, the excerpt from the song was on something called the 'Uploads Festival', which a programme about comedy and writing creativity going on in the UK by ordinary folk during lockdown. Apparently they had thousands of submissions. I got featured with 'Grandad', but the magazine format of the programme meant you almost blinked and missed it. Not worth sharing sadly  ;) Still, better than nothing I expect. Plus if I try to market the song I can plug it as having had BBC radio play.

It was broadcast simultaneously on all 39 BBC radio channels last Friday night, so national coverage. I was on our Zoom video call at the time, so didn't answer the phone from the BBC producer telling me I was to be featured.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860