Songwriter Forum > Resources & Marketing

Soundcloud pro...Worth it?

(1/3) > >>

Cawproductions:
Hi all,
I frickin lothe Soundcloud...IMHO its a lot of people adding generic comments, even seen reported that these guys with thousands of followers and comments that have been bought are nothing else but AI bots just adding generic musical one liners.

Ok so is there anyone here that could convince me that having to pay for soundcloud would be worth the benefits which i think are very minimal.

Any thoughts?

cowparsleyman:
@Cawproductions - what do you recommend? If you loathe it why are you considering it?

pompeyjazz:
For me the benefits are that I can upload an unlimited number of tracks and update songs when there is a new version. Also I can make them downloadable which is really useful when working on collaborations and allows me to listen to work in progress in an easy way. Plus, yeah of course there is the AI bot stuff but I think Soundcloud is a genuinely friendly community and I've met some great people on there. Apart from that I think its s**t  ;D

Cawproductions:
Hi all,

Thanks for the input, wasnt considering upgrading but our free account has reached its limits so just got me thinking, also wondered why others had gone Pro.

Cheers
Andy

MichaelA:
@Cawproductions, you probably don't like it that people don't pay to listen to your tracks. Soundcloud nearly went bust a while back. So why wouldn't you pay a small amount yourself to keep them going if that is the primary platform on which you share your music? Why do you think you are entitled to use it for free, when their advertising income stream is insignificant? They don't make any money out of you that's a fact, but they do need money to continue.

Benefits are as @pompeyjazz says. I like the stats function, plus the ability to repost a track without losing likes and comments is nice. Plus the ability to spotlight your current fave tracks is worth the subscription in itself.

All the spam, well that's the internet in 2020. If more musicians paid Soundcloud they'd be able to afford a bigger team to sort that out. Basically, you get what you pay for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version