Race Of Angels

• 18 Replies

The Estuary (SWE)

• Busker
  • The Estuary is a Swedish amateur pop/rock band.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 03:34:18 PM »
Great atmospheric track. Well sung, to say the least. I love the warm electric guitar parts and the piano acting a bit like a bass guitar. Perfect music for a lazy Summer day.

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 06:23:15 PM »
From the get go the intro is really good ( I was hearing some noise at the 0 to .01 mark?) And I really like the chorus in this!  the vocal sounds great for this tune. I think this well done chorus would stand out more if in other parts of the song it would break out of the rhythmic pattern a bit before dropping back to it. Nice work on this !

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 03:16:36 PM »
Hi,
I love the instrumental palette you've used - very summery and sophisticated. Your vocal has a great rock edge which records very well. I too would have liked a break form the rhythm into something also. Also I though that melodically it was a bit loose and uninventive. Great bass playing BTW.

M

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »
@The Estuary (SWE) ....thanks for checking this one out and especially for your appreciation of the electric guitar tracks.  :)

@Bostonfan2 ............I'll definitely look for that noise. I really spend time trying to clean things up, especially when I use the old Kalamazoo. Thanks for listening and for your specific comments on that chorus.

@montydog .....I agree about the looseness of the melody. That tends to be something I slide into all too often. I appreciate your comments on the instrumentation as that turned out to be the strong part of this production.

All of these comments are VERY important to me as there is always another song coming and I like to pivot from one song to another using comments like this for guidance.

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band