Damn Things

• 19 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 11:17:10 AM »
Catchy and interesting indeed! A modern sparse production sound and delivery too - I love that part around the newspaper that you almost rap. The breakdown also works really well.

If I had any suggestions (for next time if this is "released") it might be to make the vocal a little clearer in the mix, and maybe add or subtract some instruments or change the feel to make the chorus a little more different from the verse.

Cool song

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 12:21:59 PM »
@Maya Clars - Nice tune Maya and beautifully executed + with @adamfarr - The LVox couple be up a couple of dB, there's a lot going in the middle ground, maybe use something like Trackspacer, or a dynamic eq plugin to bring out the Vox.

Very hooky, but It does tend to get a bit predictable, so as Adam (the Grime Master) also says drop the instruments a bit, a few fx on the endings maybe, move stuff about sonically, add a bit of contrast.

Great

Hope this helps

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2020, 08:48:15 PM »
Great production on this loving your voice and that catchy beat. Pulls you in good stuff enjoyed very much.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 10:29:12 PM »
Welcome, and great track.  Love the way the vocals go "double speed" in some sections and I also really liked the unusual backing synth (?) sounds (they sound a bit like they are playing backwards... that's cool).  I agree with CPM and Adam about notching the vocals up a little or EQing them so they are clearer, since the lyrics are decent and deserve to be heard.  I particularly liked the surreal couplet "If I'm a goat I'm not a newspaper" - wow, you don't hear that sentence used often. :-)   Keep writing as you're clearly talented... looking forward to hearing more.
It's all too beautiful.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »
Hi, you have a very good vocal delivery it sounds very relaxed and professional. Agree with many of the comments above about the production and the vocal level. Sounds very 'current'.

Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie