Songwriter Forum > Competitions

May Song Of The Month - Finalists - Voting closes End of June

<< < (2/7) > >>

cowparsleyman:
Boy that was difficult to choose, so many really good songs, I really enjoyed re listening to all of them,  I think Karen said it once that one feels terrible for the songs that didn't get to the shortlist, as the quality and originality was just fantastic, so many apologies to those artists for their songs that I didn't pick...

As this is a Song Writing forum,  I considered the structure, originality, catchiness, performance, lyrics but not the production, since  a great song is a great song, whatever the production.

Here are the finalists for May. It was interesting to see a couple of songs had their links removed, I wonder why?

The Nerve - @Andyb  - Excellent punchy Punk blast - beautiful melody - superhooky

Brutalise - @digger72 - Haunting original Indy - builds wonderfully

I'm your man - @Sebandme  - Sincerely, crafted ballad, plenty of space, super hooky chorus, rare vocal delivery

Trapped - @Jamie - Epic and original, likes the distinct movements

Never not together - @PaulAds - Excellent hooky tune, driving Pop tune

Chase the Sea - @Grubstar - Happy poppy and infectious, clever writing

Sheila of the worms - @PopTodd - Such a clever idea, a great song, well delivered
https://hoponpop.bandcamp.com/track/sheila-of-the-worms

..So there it is, enjoy and best of luck to all contestants...

cowparsleyman:
Please send me a PM with your vote...vote only for your top 3 songs, 3 points for top place, 2 for second etc...

Jamie:
Thanks for the nomination Rich, some great tunes!

Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz:
Great choices Rich  :)

PopTodd:
Thanks for the nomination.
Some really great tunes here and it's super cool to be considered among them. Appreciate it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version