Songwriter Forum > Lyrics

a violent death

<< < (2/2)

Binladeda:

WOW, powerful stuff Mr.Rightly.  I love it ;D.  I'd like to say that it's well observed.....
 I love the 'level/depth' that you operate from, in your approach to your art.  Both lyrically and musically.
 Always unique and original.  Can't wait to hear the song....

take care  ;D

Lophophora:
Hi,

I enjoyed reading that and diving into the dark story. This doesn't seem like an easy story to tell. The only thing that bugged me a little was the two lines towards the end, that don't have the same number of syllables as the rest.

hardtwistmusic:
When I first encountered the term 'prosody,' it was explained to me as 'the general fit and agreement between all the elements of the song.'   That is a valid definition, but very limited.  Vicky tends to use 'prosody' in terms of the flow of words and in connection with how words would be spoken.  Again, that is a valid definition, but also very limited.  I don't tend to use the term 'prosody' without explaining exactly what I mean by it just because it IS so complex and has so many different facets.  I also tend to use it only to compliment the prosody in a song, not to critique -- again for the same reasons. 

This is obviously very personal to you, and it bravely shows your own raw edges.  Those raw edges ARE this lyric.  I have no nits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version