konalavadome

Welcome to my Neighbourhood

• 3 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: June 08, 2020, 08:18:01 PM »
So... just after 3am this morning I'm stood in my front garden with "999" typed in my phone and ready to dial. The reason. For the last hour a household across the street, a coupld of doors down, had started one of their regular middle-of-the-night, everyone-drunk-as-f**k, screamfests. I'd been lying their for a while (probably since about 2am) listening to it. I'd been in that half state for a while where you're on the edge of sleep and can hear stuff but you're not quite awake enough to do be overly-aware of nor do anything about it. The cacophony increased to the point were I realised I wasn't getting any sleep and the screaming and yelling making me want to go all Hulk on their collective arses.

So shoes on, downstairs, into the front garden. The plan was to take a minute or so recording for evidence and then call the police. Unfortunately I was too tired to work the phone. My brain was just too frazzled. I'm pretty sure one of the hard-b*****d "men" (I use the term loosely) from the house shouted "f**king kill her" at that time, which is when I started to dial for the police.

At that point someone from the house opposite yelled "the police are coming you tw**s!" - or to that effect. So I held back on calling myself.

Within a minute or two the noise had died down (whether naturally or because they'd taken it far enough up the street to no longer hear them I couldn't tell).

I went back indoors, relieved I didn't have to call the police myself. But they didn't turn up this time (they have several times over the years but the knobs are still living there to "entertain" us).

The rest of the night was mostly sleepless. Man have I been tired at work today.

Welcome to my neighbourhood.

Might write a song inspired by this. But not until I've slept...

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:36:58 PM »
Sounds shit, but don’t the best songs come from bad places?

Hope it’s ok tonight!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 10:57:10 PM »
Hi Martin, that sounds grim. If you don't think they are going to move soon, then maybe you should. Home should be your sanctuary.

All the best with it.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 02:44:07 PM »
@Sterix - Yeah, sounds grim indeed, I would be interested to hear your song about this experience