konalavadome

New song-Minor victories

• 22 Replies

adamwolf

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 12:27:07 AM »
I like the menacing vibe in the verses, something about it reminds me of "Stairway To Heaven" actually lol :D I love the line 'we can be afraid together'. I don't have too much to say, but I definitely like it!
and though we cry
we must stay alive
let my blood only run out
when my world decides
there is no way out
of your only life
so run on...
run on

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 01:48:44 PM »
Hi all thanks for listening!

@Unclenny
Hi, thanks for the tip, I think the compression thing worked well, cheers! Glad you liked the song!

@Cowparsleyman

Hi Rich, yes It is easy to become so embroiled in the technical parts of the process that I often end up hearing issues with my recordings after I've finished and posted them. Vocal levels being a prime example... I'll look at the plugin you mentioned. Glad you enjoyed the song! I think Unclenny's suggestion helped!

@Grubstar
Hi, glad you enjoyed the song, some great comments!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@PeteS
Hi Pete, great comments, cheers,Yeah Unclenny's suggestion was very good, and a new technique to me :P.

@MichaelA

Hi Michael,don't know the Moody Blues album, I've never really listened much to them apart from the singles ??? ::). Yes I'm glad you said mystical as that's exactly what I was aiming for, and tried to shape the lyric so that it wouldn't be all hippy dippy, but still retain the feeling. I remixed it according to Unclenny's suggestion and that made the vocal much clearer in the heavier sections. Glad you enjoyed it! Now get your coat..... ;)

@MonnoDB
Hi Karen,pleaaed you picked up on the atmosphere thing as I was really aiming for that feel. Glad you loved it!

Cheers
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@PaulAds
Hi Paul, as you know I'm always looking for 'different' chord structures and textures so for me it's 'almost' natural :o to sing against. Sometimes when I look at the melodies I think the chords make them sound more complex and or interesting than they would be over natural major/minor chords? Pleased you enjoyed it, cheers Paul!

@Paulski
Hi Paul, nice to talk to you the other night! you're too kind, I'm delighted you enjoyed it and got the 'feel' I was aiming for.

@adamwolf
Hi, glad you enjoyed it! It starts with a variation on the Am chord so in that respect it starts the same as stairway to heaven ;)Yes, we can be afraid together sort of sums up the World at the moment.....

Thanks again guys its appreciated!

Cheers
Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »
Hi Jamie,

Your usual mastery of chord progression is on display here. Love the whole sound of the thing although I don't understand any of the technical advice you've received. My only thing would be to bring your vocals up in the mix a lot. Your usual attention to details and inspired use of unusual sounds is all present and correct here.
Excellent
M

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 08:43:08 PM »
@Jamie
Bravo! I'm still shaking my head following the groove. Good sound, I like broken guitars, good atmospheres, the voices go very well, atmospheric chorus, well, bravo!!
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2020, 12:42:21 AM »
Love the atmospheric sounds here. In fact, I'm inspired and--if the inspiration holds long enough for me to do something about it--I might try some experimenting.

Other than I'd like to hear the vocal a little better in some spots, I have no nits.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@montydog
Hi Alan, I too struggle with some of the technical advice freely given on the site, but luckily I could decipher this piece! Yes others have said I should bring the vocals up. It's always a difficult thing for me to judge, I guess in future I should go with 'maybe a little too loud' than too soft. The eerie synth song is what inspired the chord progression they are pretty unusual and seem to work well with the themes. Glad you enjoyed it!

@moraamarolaloba
Hi, Thanks Mora, I'm glad you got the atmosphere I was working for, glad you enjoyed it!

@CaliaMoko
Hi Vicki, Be inspired, what can go wrong? As I said above just discovering that eerie synth sound resulted in this song coming together, it's amazing sometimes where inspiration comes from. Yep, got the comment about the vocal levels, see my previous comments!

Cheers guys thanks for listening, it's always appreciated!

Jamie