iPad, vocals and mic recommendations

• 1 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 04, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »
Hi, I’m after a bit of advice about getting decent vocal recording into GarageBand and mics. I’m collaborating with someone who wants to record vocals into an iPad. Mics might be iRig or one of those funky little Blue ones But I just wondered how good it might get in terms of quality and how much to spend?

:-) N
songwriter of no repute..

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 01:03:06 PM »
Hi Neil, for a couple of years now I have been using an Apogee Mic 96 with an iPad.

They have gone onto a new model now, which is dearer. But you could probably find my model somewhere like EBay. Compared to the built in mic of an iPad this mic gives you a very crisp and clear sound. As my songs depend very much on lyrics I've found words and phrases are rarely lost since I started using this - and I noticed better comments on here about my singing and vocal sound since I switched over from a cheap thing off Amazon that I previously tried to get away with.  ;D

Cheers.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860