Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

Ever have a song that does your head in!!!!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sebandme:
Thanks @CaliaMoko and @Phoenixazaria.

I need another verse, and something needs to happen in the middle where it currently sounds  like Ghostbusters theme tune. Unfortunately I'm not clever enough to think out lyrics or story lines I've tried that many of times and always become stuck. when I write my lyrics its almost unconsciously I dont think, the words just come out lol if that makes hence when songs get left the moments past i find it soooooo difficult to go back and get into that space in my head, so this is actually a big challenge for me....sounds stupid I know.  Thanks for suggestions.

CaliaMoko:
@Sebandme - can you come up with the idea that needs to happen without writing it into lyrics? What do you think happens next? Don't worry about the lyric yet, just whatever happens next.

PopTodd:
If you shouldn't be afraid of the dark and should put your light on... HOW?
That could be the bridge.

Also, what are some other things that you should or shouldn't do.
Why/How?

Just some questions to get you thinking about how to move forward... lyrically.

As to the music: may I recommend using Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies?
http://stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html

Just pick a card and do what the card says -- your interpretation. There are no right or wrong ways to address the questions/problems that the cards pose. They are meant to inspire not to dictate.

PopTodd:
By the way, this is a really cool song that deserves to be finished.
You have a great Damon Albarn-like quailty to your voice and the song is a definite BritPop throwback, which I am a sucker for.

PopTodd:
OOH!
Music for the bridge!!!
At the end of what you have here, the music drops out... why not keep it like that? Just the beat and some minimalist backing -- feedback or a droning organ or something to back up your bridge? And at the end of the bridge, kick it back up -- LOUD -- with a guitar solo or something and then back into the chorus to the outro?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version