The Songwriters Bar - Friday Is here again :)

• 18 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: May 29, 2020, 08:22:52 AM »
 Morning Songwriters, I hope that you are all keeping well. The sun is shining (Well it is here) and it's Friday again.

Tonight the bar will be opening it's doors at 7pm UK time as usual - I still have to clean up after opening the bar last night. I still have some bottles of Koppaberg left which I will be giving away FREE !!!

Please feel free to pop in at any time. We usually continue until around 9:30 - 10pm You can join in if you want or just listen in or even pop in for 5 minutes just to say hello.

Hope to see you there later

Cheers - John

John Bradley is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Friday Night Songwriters Bar
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73948818209?pwd=d0s3VzZDNlovYjZmUCs4dVdvVERldz09

Meeting ID: 739 4881 8209
Password: 0JA4zH

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 02:33:22 PM »
@pompeyjazz - Afternoon John, thanks for the invite but tonight I'll be with my family, CPD is doing her first BBQ, wish me luck...

Say a big Hi to all that do attend from me.

Tip of the Week = When recording MIDI keys, get the rhythm right, then move the notes to their correct place afterwards, no one will be any the wiser, takes a while fiddling about but it does work.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. Too much family stuff going on right now. I need to get packed up for a trip home for the weekend. Have a great time and be sure to miss me!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:47:26 PM »
Hi all, it was great to meet tonight’s participants! Good to put accents and faces to names ;)
Have a great weekend!
Jamie

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 09:49:56 PM »
Lovely to see you all...and brilliant to see a few new faces too...look forward to next time  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 10:05:33 PM »
Smashing to see you all again and as Paul says, great to see some new faces as well. A lovely, entertaining evening with you guys who I have got to know through our endeavors over the years. Thanks so much for being there   :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 10:30:21 PM »
Great to meet a few new to Zoom for me, but familiar personas, all songwriters I always want to listen to:  @Wicked Deeds, @Jamie and @MonnoDB. It's great to touch base with a core of such talented songwriters and hearing about the motivation behind your work.

My own social circle have a low attention span when it comes to hearing my songs. So I am so grateful to you lot, fellow forum members, for at least giving me a fair hearing! 😀

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 05:05:04 PM »
I'm sure nobody's wondering why I'm not there but..I'm not there because my laptop went kaput a while ago and i aint bought a new one yet and my studio puter doesn't have a camera... :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 10:57:53 PM »
Sorry I couldn’t make it but Friday night is a bit of a family night. 

John, did you say something about doing a different night?
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 09:06:31 AM »
@pompeyjazz , I don't have internet on my phone John, never needed it, I only have a Tesco pay as you go phone..LOL, guess I'll have to look into buying a new Laptop..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 10:02:54 AM »
@PeteS We did open the bar up on Thursday by special request but it was a one off. I'm going to stick with hosting the Friday evening session but of course there's nothing stopping somebody else hosting a session at another time. It's just that if you host the meeting you have to be around all the time to make sure peeps get in OK :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 12:59:03 AM »
Note: If someone hosts and then finds s/he can't stay the whole time, it is possible to pass the host duties to another attendee. Who then, of course, has to stay till the last person goes. Or until s/he passes it on to yet another person. Etc...

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 09:14:00 PM »
I guess it depends when the most people will attend.  Thursdays also give me problems as Frank Turner is on (clearly really import!) and the family do Jay’s virtual pub quiz!  ;D
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 01:23:47 AM »
Sorry I missed you guys on Friday  :(
Maybe this week..