Out of Here

• 22 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 07:17:27 AM »
Hey @cowparsleyman  - thanks a mill for your comments :) re the acoustic vs midi - I knew that I was only going to do block chords on the piano on this so it didn't seem to merit rigging up the piano with mics and the rest... Yeah I know what you mean about midi-piano recording although I find actually sometimes that recording is too responsive so I'll end up paring back velocity etc on the midi tracks after the fact.. What I have discovered (very recently - so I haven't recorded a "proper" piano-midi track since) is that when I push the sound to a speaker (or wedge in my case) rather than just to the DAW, it allows me to "feel" the piano much more effectively.. no lag I guess... I'm just about to record a song with a prominent piano part.. I was intending to mic up the piano again but maybe I'll try midi.. interesting..

@MichaelA well... I have done more ambitious mixes before... but I find them draining.. Not so much this one so maybe I've turned a corner.. Thanks for the great comments.. Hmmm maybe I shouldn't've made that comment about the lyrics.. although on the upside, nobody has mentioned to line I was fretting over so maybe I have actually cracked it!! See what you mean about that line.. although I think it works so I'm willing to live with the cliché!! :) Nice to meet you too! Thanks a mill for the critical listen and great comments!!

K

Hi K, I’d love to hear the real thing again

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 01:03:53 PM »
Hey @cowparsleyman  - thanks a mill for your comments :) re the acoustic vs midi - I knew that I was only going to do block chords on the piano on this so it didn't seem to merit rigging up the piano with mics and the rest... Yeah I know what you mean about midi-piano recording although I find actually sometimes that recording is too responsive so I'll end up paring back velocity etc on the midi tracks after the fact.. What I have discovered (very recently - so I haven't recorded a "proper" piano-midi track since) is that when I push the sound to a speaker (or wedge in my case) rather than just to the DAW, it allows me to "feel" the piano much more effectively.. no lag I guess... I'm just about to record a song with a prominent piano part.. I was intending to mic up the piano again but maybe I'll try midi.. interesting..

@MichaelA well... I have done more ambitious mixes before... but I find them draining.. Not so much this one so maybe I've turned a corner.. Thanks for the great comments.. Hmmm maybe I shouldn't've made that comment about the lyrics.. although on the upside, nobody has mentioned to line I was fretting over so maybe I have actually cracked it!! See what you mean about that line.. although I think it works so I'm willing to live with the cliché!! :) Nice to meet you too! Thanks a mill for the critical listen and great comments!!

K

Hey @cowparsleyman ... ok... I’ve been swayed... Mic’d acoustic it is... bit of a complicated song, timing wise.. we shall see it it makes it out of my DAW! 😁

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 01:06:07 PM »

K

Hey @cowparsleyman ... ok... I’ve been swayed... Mic’d acoustic it is... bit of a complicated song, timing wise.. we shall see it it makes it out of my DAW! 😁

I’ll be fine, real and lovely

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 11:40:22 AM »
What a fantastic song with a super killer chorus. You have a great voice and the arrangement and production are 1st class and the lyrics express what I think the majority of us are feeling as this lockdown drags on.

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 10:43:16 AM »
Hey Karen @MonnoDB .

I'm just swinging in for another listen. I need a little mix inspiration for something I'm working on and I love how you have your vocals placed in relation to the bass in this song.

Definitely liking that new intro, btw.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2020, 07:06:53 AM »
I agree..............a very good build up to a great chorus. Some really good songwriting.
Love the lyrics, too.
Awesome........
                                  -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2020, 05:31:26 PM »
Hola @MonnoDB
I thought I had listen tp and commented but today I discovered that I did not .!

Your song is impecable and moving, with lyrcisr in which many of us recognize similar feelings and thoughts.
Your voice has a wonderful balance in the mix and the arrangement is powerful.
The chorus is so rhythmic and sweet at the same time ... Very good work, it has been a pleasure to hear you.
Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
@moraamarolaloba  thanks so much.. such lovely words..

@IronKnee - thanks a mill! :)

@Unclenny - well thank you for suggesting the intro tweak and thank for your lovely comments!

@Grubstar - thanks so much.. yes you're not wrong.. getting more real and surreal by the moment.. Comments much appreciated..

@cowparsleyman  - not sure - it's proving challenging.. I'll get there eventually I'm sure :)