konalavadome

New song-Trapped

• 21 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 01:34:13 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@MonnoDB
Hi Karen, love your review 8). Yes, lockdown does seem to forcing us all down the groupthink road ;). Have had the Pink Floyd comment before which is cool! So pleased you enjoyed it!

@MichaelA

Hi Mike,Great comments, thanks. As I said before I was a little worried there were too many direction changes in such a short (for me anyway) song, but no-one has commented adversely yet ;D. Yes the nonsense words thing is new for me, as well as the lyric description, I will be trying it again!

Great comments from everyone, kinda makes it worthwhile!

Cheers
Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 11:21:26 AM »
Hi Jamie,

Another track from your seemingly endless well of creativity - a new song every 2 weeks like clockwork! Beautifully performed arranged and produced as ever. Enough variation in pace and instrumentation to keep the listener engaged.  Can't find anything I'd change. Nice one.

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2020, 04:14:10 PM »
@montydog
Hi Alan, thanks for listening! Yes I do seem to have had a creative push, must be lockdown syndrome. Thanks for your cool review and kind words.

Cheers
Jamie

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2020, 04:39:32 PM »
Great song Jamie, really like the change in mood from verse to Chorus.  Love the chop chop finish, especially as the backing winds down.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 07:24:52 PM »
Hi jamie,

Great groove on this, like the bassline and the funky 16th style beats, great contrast on the vocal,

Sounding cool here, some nice guitar work in there too,

Top work,

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2020, 08:48:20 AM »
@Jamie - Smooth stuff, tight as hell, lovely BV sync precision, maybe alternate the vol of the lo and hi Jump jump jump lines in the outro to add contrast .

A really strong song Jamie, a your prod is right up there.

A pleasure to listen to.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 12:46:14 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@PeteS
Hi Pete, Glad you liked the change, I did wonder if it was too much of a 'handbrake turn' but apparently not! ;).

@Cawproductions
Hi,thanks I don't often get the 'groove' word in my reviews so I'm chuffed about that. Yes I doubled the bass line with a keyboard bass to make it punchier. Thanks for the great comments!

@cowparsleyman
Hi Rich, glad you enjoyed it, yes the sync on the chorus is spot on (if I say so myself ;)) but don't ask me how I did it! :o :P. Thanks for the production comments, baby steps, but in the right direction maybe?

Cheers
Jamie