konalavadome

Songtradr - what happened??

• 20 Replies

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 07:25:44 PM »
@Boydie , certainly worth a try, I pay mine monthly at $4.99 a month which is usually somewhere around the £3.50 mark, but if you do a yearly subscription they have several offers throughout the year for $35 which I may go for next time it comes up.

Have a look at our site www.atticvibes.com and you will see what I mean about embedding the tracks, has the added bonus that we don't have to host the files so keeping our webspace and bandwidth low.

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »
@MichaelA the metadata and keywords are a PITA but worth doing so that prospective buyers will actually find your track, also make sure you make up playlists of your tracks and be sure to fill in the keywords and genres for each list, also make a profile and keep it updated when you have new releases.

A bit of work but once its set up it just needs updating, also experiment with the metadata and genres as its easy to edit, you can test it by going to buyer mode and searching for tracks as a prospective buyer and checking it finds yours.

We will probably never be rich and famous (I wouldn't want the famous part anyway ), but it is nice to have a few songs get to final selection if only to prove they are decent quality.

Cheers, Mikey

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 11:36:33 PM »
All read with much interest @Mikey, many thanks.  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 01:00:36 AM »
@Mikey Thanks for weighing in and your views on ST.
I guess this whole thread has kind of made me recognize that I do get my money's worth out of ST and the reduction of opps is mainly due to the damn pandemic :D
I did notice them waning a bit before the virus hit too but maybe that was just the ebb and flow of their business.
So I'm with @MichaelA and will stick with them for a while longer...
I mean, what's 5 bucks a month? - - price of starbucks here is the cold-lands :D

cheers
Paul

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 08:49:27 AM »
@MichaelA @Paulski you're welcome guys, I didn't mean to come across as a big advert for Songtrdr, but we have investigated and tried a few sites and they seem to be the best value for money even though they are by no means perfect.

We were originally disappointed with the response until we realised the importance of entering the correct metadata, keywords, and genres, its also important to monetize your tracks, we have had one of ours used several times on TikTok.

As mentioned by some of the other posters above, we aren't making much money, but we like to think that a few people are listening to our music and enjoying it.

Cheers, Mikey

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 09:34:39 PM »
As for me, I've clearly offended two people I think highly of, so I won't be participating in any more of these types of discussions.  It's not worth it. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.