Alien Genre Challenge - Jazz Punk Mashup

• 18 Replies

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 04:14:46 PM »
Sorry about the late review. To be honest  I wasnt expecting to like this but after a few listens I really do. How youve achieved this I really dont know its way above my production arrangement and musical skills. I loved the free form jazz middle section and thought the end guitar was sublime. Great job.

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 07:24:27 PM »
What a cool mash-up!!! LOVE that instrumental section.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 06:58:57 PM »
Yes. Late to the party so I'm going to be dragging these old posts back up to the top but....it's competition time folks!

That opening actually put me in mind of one of those BIG 60s band sounds...Blood Sweat & Tears maybe...and it keeps that but yes...gets a bit more freeform in its make-up...bit more 60s acid jam...so mixing those anarchic jazz and punk ethics nicely. Lyrics more punk though.

Mad solo which gets a bit less mad then back into that 60s thing again at 2.10 ( love this bit where it comes back in with that guitar and organ) or so which is something that I'm fond of so glad it keeps coming back to that...think it's that keyboard riff that's doing it.

Crazy stuff John. Don't know how you came up with it. Bit less punk really for me than jazz....and pretty psychedelic jazz/rock at that.
Good mad entry.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 03:22:19 PM »
Great effort John!  For me, it would have been better without the jazz ;D ;D. I am so glad I didn't get Jazz, I really don't like it. 

This must have been so hard to record, it really is like 2 songs played at the same time, but then I often think that about jazz anyway. ;D

I'll stop complaining about getting soul now!

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial