konalavadome

My Hip Hop Song for Alien Genre Challenge

• 28 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 12:56:06 PM »
Hi @Jamie, glad you enjoyed a laugh - I was a bit nervous putting this one out as the vocal delivery was a big gamble  :D

Cheers @sterix, yep I did like some of Frank Sidebottoms stuff, but can't remember him rapping. I will have a search. Simple Northern humour, like me though.

Hi @5 guys named Lars , thanks for the listen. I have been looking for an excuse to employ that ending for ages. Now it's done! Glad you enjoyed it. :)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 10:30:16 PM »
@MichaelA  this is pure genius as we say over here.... From beginning to end just flat out amazing. And the concept - you are mad in the best possible way.. So inventive, so clever, so funny..

This?

"But from Big Granny Chief there was no relief
I says what's up Your Majesty, why all the grief?
She goes who’s s this chubby Mr Hip Hop hubby
With your kecks down your arse and your gangsta hoody
You're a fashion mishap, where's that nice old chap
With his afternoon nap and his dapper flat cap
I says don't agitate, babe it's just too late
I is Big G of Hip Hop and fame awaits"

Inspired!!!

Just fanbloodytastic! You have outdone yourself...

K

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 12:00:12 PM »
Michael,

Fantastic. :D
The delivery is just awesome.
The whole Hip Hop gangster thing makes me laugh in general - trying so valiantly to be cool and dangerous without an original bone in their bodies. Nothing quite like acting out the stereotype.
This just destroys the whole image - which is great.

An absolute treat.

Digger

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 08:16:23 AM »
What an ending, not sure whether I was enjoying the hip hop or the comedy!  Great job @MichaelA.  Worried for mine now which is only emerging very slowly!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »
@MichaelA - Nearly finished mine, so I'm OK to take a listen, it ain't easy do that rap thang, and you've really pulled this off beautifully, it does remind me of a 1979 shot at the No1 spot, would have made it there too, very accomplished, and would love to hear it on boom boxes in Southern LA.

Clever ending Michael.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2020, 11:47:09 AM »
Thanks for these last round of comments guys. I think I might be turning into Hip Hop Grandad round the house, so this is worrying!

Anyhow 'pure genius' from you @MonnoDB, another comment to print out and stick on my fridge to annoy the missus who would rather have me doing lockdown DIY 24/7 than writing daft songs. Well not quite, but I don't seem to be able to persuade her to become my Hip Hop granny groupie! But as I mentioned on the Friday Zoom thing, I might let this well received Hip Hop Grandad have a short solo career with his own SC account and two or three more songs over the next year until the joke runs dry. Thinking about it, definitely!  ;D Glad you liked it and thanks for the comments.

So yes @cowparsleyman, shame it is not 1979 or thereabouts, as I could also imagine this doing well as a novelty single. Damn, why didn't I think of it back then! Too busy trying to be cool, I expect. Those days have long since gone, of course 😀

Hi @PeteS and @digger72, glad this amused you, thanks for listening. It was a lot of fun to do and definitely took me well out of my comfort zone. Cheers!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »
Really funny Michael.  You've made the genre your own via a brilliant parody.  I liked the shades of brass band in the backing too and as has already been said, the ending is brilliant, possibly the best song ending ever on this forum...
It's all too beautiful.

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 04:35:06 AM »
@MichaelA "well I'm glad that I had" listen to this absolutely amazing  all the way through could not take the smile of may face. Seriously amazing loved it! Congratulations man! I'm still smiling, brilliant.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2020, 11:32:11 AM »
Hola @MichaelA

hahahah I enjoyed listening to your song, thank you, I am still imagining the situation... Excellent ides!!!
I love trumpet blasts, they remind me of my father-in-law who was a very famous trumpet player in his time !!! the rest of the instrumentation gives that peculiar color to the song.
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 11:35:04 AM »
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 02:13:10 PM by moraamarolaloba »
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2020, 01:53:19 PM »
This is one helluva hi bar... blimey! 8) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2020, 12:24:36 PM »
Hi there @PaulyX , @Sebandme , @shadowfax and @moraamarolaloba. Thanks very much for the listen and glad you all enjoyed the fun!  ;D

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
Ha ha! Great stuff MichaelA.

I think the challenge has definitely broadened all our sound and rhythm pallettes..I'm especially fond of the drum loop sound here.

Your soft Lanc rap is incongruous yes but has the rhythm down faultlessly. Nutty stuff Michael which ought to really be a localised genre of its own after all there seem to be dozens of sub-genres of everything these days.
I'll leave you to name the new genre though as you have the knack for the funnies.
And yes, brilliant ending!

Superbly realised and done.
Great entry!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 03:46:54 PM »
I think you just nailed the sub-genre naming @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra yourself. 'Lanc Rap', that'll do nicely. Thanks for the appreciative words too! :)