No More Hope (Collab Cé Mz)

• 16 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: May 14, 2020, 09:03:02 AM »
Morning all - Hope you're all staying alert, I certainly am  :)

No upbeat pop stuff for this latest number. It's more of a dark number. This one started life with a set of lyrics that @Melusine2 sent me. The title itself lent itself to some darker treatment so tried to conjure up a bleak / desolate feel. Hope it works.

Thanks for the listen

In that holy Silence
I'm Losing my mind
In This deep Darkness
my mind switches to emptiness

Deep in my soul
are hidden waves of regrets
Deep in my thoughts
is hidden an evil beast

There's no more hope for us
we become the children of the moon
All of us are in darkness
There is no more sun for us

Don't you feel the danger now
Deep inside our hearts
Don't you feel the animality
getting the power of our being

We believe in our material world
We believe in money
Slaves of our desires
Possessed by plastic culture

We'd like to be the best at the final stage
We'd want to climb and reach success
Individuality Idol versus true humanity
we've lost our soul my friends

There's no more hope for us
we become the children of the moon
All of us are in darkness
There is no more sun for us

And when everything is burned
What lessons will we have learned
A blinding flash of light
Disappears into the winter night

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 09:58:40 AM »
Hi, thanks @pompeyjazz, yes I am being alert ta, I even noticed you had posted a song within its first hour on the forum.  ;D

Very moody number indeed, with some really interesting musical accompaniments and offbeat contrasts right to the end. How different that opening melodic orchestral synth is to the more staccato touches later on. Very cool.

Great singing together in the chorus. I liked the talkie bits too. And a really smart arrangement throughout that had had a lot of thought applied to it.

The best theme tune to The Clangers I've heard  ;) good luck on the moon then.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »
I can hardly imagine being more alert  :D

Great song and production, really like the mid 8!  Not sure I liked the nintendo part at the end but the words across it finishing with silence worked well.

Pete

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 10:55:34 AM »
A cracker! dark and moody for sure..love the existential lyrics and the other worldly arrangement, my only crit is that the pad/orchestration is a bit too loud, if it sounded more distant I think it would suit the mood better... :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:14:56 AM »
Hi Pompey. Hope all well. Really enjoyed this one. Love the overall vibe of the song. Wandering bass is great. The song really kicks into life at 1.44 and shows it’s true brilliance from that point on. Backing vocals great and the Eldritch vibes along the way really add to the atmosphere. That last lyric “ a blinding flash of light disappears into the winter night” is totally inspired.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
Hi guys, nice work, again! Suitably dark for these depressing times......Loved the arty instrumental section. Nicley constructed though I agree with Kevin about the synths/pads being too loud  and 'up front'(that's my territory ;).
Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 06:17:21 PM »
John mate, had another listen..if I can go a bit further because i reckon the track deserves it ..it doesn't sound like your using a de esser..(forgive me if you are) because there is lots of sibilance goin on :) also the pad seems to have moved to the right which is unbalancing the track...worth sorting IMHO..

regards mate..Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 07:29:30 PM »
Love this...voices work fantastically together. You're both great singers. She's something else. Love the ending too...really off-the-wall.

I do think it's sounding massively improved since i first heard it, from what I recall. I never feel qualified to offer any advice on production...I know virtually nothing about it beyond trying to make sure nothing is too loud and it sounds fit the tune.

First two bars reminded me of "These Dreams" by "Heart" - just for a very brief moment...the actual song was, of course, nowt like it.

Had a few listens now...it's a real grower too...and works on several levels.

Superb stuff!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 09:48:42 AM »
Sounds great and the tweaks have worked a treat. Love the way you two sing together. Great moody atmosphere behind you too. I was just saying - needs a more upbeat section and along came the ending. Not what I was expecting but probably the better for that and worked so well.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2020, 02:31:22 PM »
Hi,

Yep, the vocals work so well together. Very atmospheric and epic sounding. Lovely arrangement and a superb clear, clean mix. I didn't hear the original version but this sounds perfect to me. Great collab.

M

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 09:45:25 PM »
Hola @pompeyjazz

Good collaboration, the 2 voices give a good balance and define well the sense of the melodies.
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 09:00:31 AM »
All fits together well...has a cinematic feel and would suit one of those slick American werewolf/vampire style tv shows.............or possibly Dracula the Musical....if it ever got made...seriously why has there never been a Dracula the Musical!!!...As i listen i am imagining meat loaf singing it.....cool song