I am a writer, dipping my toe in the waters of songwriting...

• 2 Replies

mutabilis

• Busker
« on: May 12, 2020, 11:04:06 AM »
I can't remember a time when I haven't been writing prose and/or poetry.  Never being satisfied, I am keen to enhance my skills and attributes with this new [to me] art form.  I have a bit of a weird problem though, I don't play any instruments and I don't sing.  I am, however, an incredible storyteller and have a deft hand with concepts and metaphors.  I am also very well read and have an extensive vocabulary.

If there is anyone out there that would be amenable to bolstering my attempt; I am open to all offers.

I have an ear for musicality, in spite of my not nurturing talents in that area (I am also open to learning).

NB:  I am a tortured artist trying to survive through my art so I have no disposable income so I am literally asking for kindness  ;D

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 12:57:49 AM »
Hi Muta,
Interested to hear your situation as I had a similar background where I was coming up with silly tunes since childhood and then..forgetting them.
Only started playing music about 5 years ago at the age of 47 & I`m still crap but putting stuff "out there" now & keeping it. It is very rewarding.
I would encourage you to share your talent..if no-one listens to you..sod it..you haven`t lost anything. Learn an instrument..you tube is great for that.
Don`t do it for other people though ..do it for yourself.
Good luck.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 02:12:11 PM »
Welcome! There is a great lyrics board here which sounds like a good place to start (both for getting feedback on your work, and sharing your ideas on others'). Plenty of lyrics from there are also made into complete songs in collaboration with musicians and producers on the forum. Good luck and look forward to seeing what you have - possibly some of the things that you use in other areas may not translate exactly to songs and so you may find there's some re-imagining or re-setting to do but that's part of the process.