April Song Of The Month

• 10 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: May 09, 2020, 02:13:23 PM »
@PeteS Has kindly offered to run this month's extravaganza with the assistance of @Sterix who has kindly offered to run through the eligible songs for that month.

Thanks guys,

John

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »
I'll start looking once I've eaten. Would have started earlier but had no internet (again! Get your crap together Virgin!) for a while.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »
Thanks John, I think  ;D

At first count I have found 38 eligible songs.  I get with Sterix and produce the finalists shortly!

Cheers

Pete
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 03:47:45 PM »
Way to go, @PeteS

Thanks for taking this on!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 03:53:05 PM »
Thanks @PeteS looking forward to it

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 03:53:28 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of "you've just been volunteered to do what most of the rest of us avoid like the plague"! :P

Just kidding.

I can help with checking over the list but I can't help you to narrow them down. Those will be your choices and everybody here uses their own criteria when choosing. Some will just go with the songs and genres they like while others will will try to include stuff that is good but may not actually be their cup of tea (I've been both in my times choosing).

My advice is to ignore who the artists are and just concentrate on the songs themselves - and don't choose songs just because someone has been nice to you on the forum. Most here don't want smoke blowing up their arses, just some appreciation of their craft and to learn to get better.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 04:09:09 PM »
Thanks Sterix, I'll definitely try not to limit it the rock/guitar genre that I like :).  One of the interesting things on here is listening to so many different genres.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 11:14:44 PM »
OK, so here are the competitors!  I have to say that I feel like a judge on a TV talent show.  How do you pick between33 entrants when they are all so bloody good!

Anyway, with the help of family, I've drilled down to the final 5, they are:

- MonnoDB - Fearless  -

- Cowparsleyman (ft. pkboo3) - Someone made a killing  - 

- Cawproductions - I'll be waiting  - 

- 4Below - If Love is the answer (then what is the question)

- Digger72 - Maelstrom  - 

There really were so many good songs but these beauties are the ones that made the cut! 

PM me with your votes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd and we'll announce the winner in a couple of weeks.

Good luck everyone!

Pete

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 12:00:53 AM »
@PeteS Best to create a new thread for the competition itself. Makes it easier for people as the entries are in the first post and not somewhere halfway down they have to find (if you edit the post you can copy it and then paste it into the new topic to make it easier for you). ;)

Thanks again for hosting.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 07:47:46 AM »
I almost did but given the title of this thread, I didn’t.  But you’re right and I have now.