Help with Trance???

• 9 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: May 08, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »
Anyone want to help me with my alien challenge by listening and telling me if I'm even getting close to trance?? Here's a sample of what I have so far....https://soundcloud.com/caliamoko/trance-experiment/s-2WbcxXjHpep

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 04:48:48 PM »
Hey Vicki @CaliaMoko That is WELL cool  :)
Fab string sounds. I'm sure that you're glad that you've solved your midi issues. The world is your lobster  :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:55:16 PM »
I know, @pompeyjazz ! Midi is so cool! All I had ever done before was compose in one piece of composition software, export in midi, and import into another piece of composition software. I am learning things! It's very exciting. For instance, I discovered I can turn the volume all the way down on my keyboard while I'm playing into the DAW and then I only hear the instrument I want. I'm over the moon.

BTW, the reason for using two different software programs--the first one is much easier to use for programming in the notes but doesn't have anywhere near the power of the other one.

Oh, and in the interests of transparency, I need to admit I did not do the cello. I found that on looperman.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 05:21:50 PM »
I no nothing about trance, but this is a cool string duet and backbeat to get you started. Well done for hitting the challenge head on!  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 07:07:37 PM »
So far, this is brilliant, Vicky! I have listened a little to trance before, some of Avicii`s oldest tracks are close to the trance genre, and also a lot of the nightclub music are somewhat trance. When the synth kicked in it took it up a notch to where I wanted it to come, and the drums are just as a trance drum should be.

From what I know about trance, you could have more patterns to change things up during the track, to make it more exciting for the listener, and a little unpredictable. And, I know at least in Fl Studio, there are voice samples you can use to make short vocals with just a few words, but keeps the music the main "attraction". Maybe other daws have those vocal samples as well, or maybe you can find some online or record them yourself as well.

Anyway, this is brilliant, and I am most definitely looking forward to hear the final product :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 08:20:16 PM »
Hi @CaliaMoko - The Synth I recommend is Hybrid2 from Air Music Technology

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?action=post;topic=17492.0;last_msg=166777

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 09:50:54 PM »
Thanks, @cowparsleyman  ! It looks like this product has been upgraded to Hybrid 3. I see there is a trial version. Maybe I can use that to figure out if I can...figure it out.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 10:04:54 PM »
Sorry Vicki it’s version 3 that (ooops) I own.

I guess you abhore Text language

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 01:27:14 AM »
I guess you abhore Text language

@cowparsleyman  I think I'm too...um...old?...to follow that...I abhor text language? Or dense. I don't get it...sorry.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:50:29 AM by CaliaMoko »