konalavadome

I'm Alright (new song)

• 24 Replies

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2020, 07:16:56 AM »
@MichaelA thanks for checking it out and glad it cheered you up.
Thanks for your comments I am trying to be more contemporary  so glad that came through to you!

@Jamie so chuffed you like the intro seems like a good decision to put it in. Theres consensus  on the Vocal effect on the chrous that be better without so that's definitely something I will look at. Thanks again for checking it out

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 07:19:17 AM »
@adamfarr thankyou so much for taking the time to listen and then leave feedback it's much appreciated. I'm really glad you liked the cloudy lemonade line I also enjoyed that line :) glad you enjoyed the track.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 09:11:17 PM »
Well yes, this is fab!!! Great intro and there's a great hooky pacy feel to this.. Love the theme - straightforward and engaging, lovely lyric.. Loved it @Sebandme

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 02:07:03 PM »
Thanks @MonnoDB really chuffed you liked the intro! Thanks for checking it out.

OleAnders

• Busker
  • Ole Anders Walseth
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 12:05:11 PM »
Nice Indie/Pop/Rock workmanship. Good structure and well written. Good recording and producution also. No complaints. As mentioned, congrats on the hooky chorus.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 05:44:42 AM »

"I'm alright because,
Nothing lasts forever,
But can this get any better.
The timeline of your life,
If you blink you might miss it,
It will be over in just a minute".

I really liked this lyric and musical segment. The rest of the lyric is OK...didn't intrest me much, until the mentioned above passage.
The music is pretty good.....just think you need some stronger lyrics to push this one over. The performances are really good.......
Good stuff, all in all..............
                                                       -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 06:49:08 AM »
@OleAnders thankyou for taking the time to check it out and giving feedback its much appreciated.

@IronKnee thanks for checking it out, I take your comments on board and glad some of the song interested you.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »
@OleAnders thankyou for taking the time to check it out and giving feedback its much appreciated.

@IronKnee thanks for checking it out, I take your comments on board and glad some of the song interested you.

Hey guy....just to clarify.....most lyrics are not all that interesting to me.
For instance, I love the Beatles music.......so much of their lyrics are really simple, but good....just not that interesting ;-)
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 11:09:33 AM »
I find this difficult because i like it, i don't like it, i love it, i don't love it, aaaargh!! ;D

The intro is great.  The guitar sound could be a bit harder for me.  Bass is ok, doesn't do much which is great when it's reinforcing the verse but could maybe add more to the chorus? 

Not sure about the vocal effect, I don't hate it but is it too much all the way through?  not sure!

Guitar solo is cool  8)

Great chorus, just think you could make more of it, make it more anthemic.

Drums (my own current nemesis!) don't drive it enough although there are some good fills.

Please take these comments constructively because I really did like it, I just think there's more in there!

Cheers

Pete
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 01:26:55 PM »
@PeteS first of all thankyou for taking the time to go have a listen it's much appreciated and comments are always welcomed.

The concerns you have are the same ones I had when recording Admittedly the bass was a little bit of cop out as it really doesn't move.

Drums are a pain the backside for everything I do I hate dealing with them, i was using software from ujam not sure if you've heard of them but it's pretty cool this was the first time using it.

Effect on the vocal seems abit marmite for people but without it really didnt do for me so I kept it as Is.

Thanks for the comments and for checking it out.

Cheers