New song- Let the battle commence

• 23 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 02:11:37 PM »
Hi Jamie,
Big production, great vocals and plenty to keep the attention of the listener. Very professional sounding and I love the last instrumental play out section - that is beautifully arranged. No criticism from me - cracking track(again).

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »
Well I really like the instrumental part - it has a great mood to it... kind of light and dark at the same time (yes, that sounds like utter crap but I know what I mean :) ).. The piano part at the very end is gorgeous, perfect way to end it - I was wondering how you'd take it out.. vocals, performance, production all sound on point to me.. Hit replay once it ended... (Oh and I could also hear the TFF flavour and I lOVE them!)

K

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 12:21:49 AM »
It's all been said - great track!
I love the vocals and the guitar going nuts there at the end  ;D
Your stuff is becoming more accessible lately IMHO
Quality work :D
Paul

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2020, 11:41:49 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@moraamarolaloba
Hi Mora, always love your cryptic, lateral thinking on your reviews, very intense....Glad you enjoyed it!

@IronKnee
Hi Tom, great comments, thanks very much, on the vocals.....I try ;). Glad you like the songwriting!

@OleAnders Hi, enjoyed your comments about the structure and dynamics, as I've been working on that part of the recording process (see my comments in the Writing section 'Revelation')Pleased you enjoyed it!

Cheers guys thanks for taking the time to comment

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 11:53:10 AM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@shadowfax
Hi Kev, I like a 'good' comment from you! ;D Still to achieve your and others on this forum's technical and production expertise, but.... I try :P

@montydog
Hi Alan, well you did surprise me, I thought you'd say the opposite about the instruments elements :P,as I've said many times, what do I know? Great comments, really appreciated !

@MonnoDB

Hi Karen,By TFF did you mean Foo Fighters? I love them too! When I had my covers band at one time we were mostly a Foo Fighters tribute act  ;D. I know what you mean about the passive aggressive thing, I get it! Lovely comments Karen, it's appreciated!

@Paulski
Hi Paul, OK Maybe it all has been said, but I'm an artist and need my ego stroked, tell me again, and again.... ;D ;D ;D ;D.Glad you liked it and yes it's not very often I let loose with my Les Paul, but I thought it needed to break from the pseudo symphonic bits. I think I know what you mean about accessibility, I think my arrangements and structures have become much more coherent, see my comments in the Writing section ref 'Revelation". Thanks again Paul!

Cheers guys thanks for taking the time to listen it's appreciated!

Jamie

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2020, 12:13:55 PM »
Hi @Jamie no - Tears for Fears - someone else referenced them (looking back I see it was Skub). Should have typed those extra letters but then I wouldn’t have got that insight into you and the other TFF (who I also really like....).

K

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2020, 12:18:29 PM »
@MonnoDB
Hi Karen, you’re right I should have realised from Skubs comment what you meant ::) :P ;D
Yes The other TFF are great too!
 ;D

Cheers
Jamie

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 06:31:59 PM »
Really like this - nice and rocky - but great light and shade with those moments where everything almost pauses. Sounds like you had fun at the end - the brass is great and the guitars super, takes us to the battle...
And a really good theme. Maybe "the office" will never be the same again, but the politics will still be the hardest thing I am sure.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »
@adamfarr
Hi Adam, yes office politics is a good theme for this behaviour, unfortunately it also occurs in other walks of life ::). As Karen said earlier I was trying to get the feeling of light/dark, passive/aggressive thing going, seems like I may have got there ::) :P. Yes the instrumental was great fun to do. How to make something interesting enough to fit with the song. Also I wanted to try to get towards a symphonic feel with the strings and brass 8). Glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers

Jamie