konalavadome

The Alien Genre Challenge 2020

• 125 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »
@Paulski - Yip I feel for you, here's what I've learned so far...

1. Get a sore throat before even singing anything.
2. Poke a load of holes through your speak with a screwdriver
3. Buy 2 fuzz boxes
4. Grow a beard
5. Have a black T Shirt with gothic lettering with Death somewhere on it

so that's metal...

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2020, 07:20:10 PM »
@cowparsleyman you forgot the most important thing about metal bands: having an umlaut in your name.
@Paulski , just call yourself Päulski and it will all come together.
It's all too beautiful.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2020, 08:45:15 PM »
@PaulyX - yoüre right, näturally

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2020, 04:19:48 AM »
@PaulyX - OK - I'll try that - it's like an oven in my studio though. Whine, complain etc etc..

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »
Mines half-ass done.
Why did I get metal? why why why???

We should have swapped! ;D. My son was desperate for me to get metal, it's about all he plays!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2020, 08:33:52 PM »
Guess this is all about done barring a late flurry from Canada or Hampshire.....

Well I enjoyed the challenge to do something different and I would say I learnt something from it though I probably won't be going any further down that particular genre path. Might lead me to go to some different places in the future but it isn't quite yet. Interested to know how it affected anybody else on that score.

Putting together the song got me out of that peculiar lockdown semi-coma for which I'm grateful so good on ya to the organisers and I'm always up for the challenges if not much else. Strangely enough a song I'm working on which will be my only real song of the year probably was born in a way out of my failure to come up with a song for the New Year comp which I may be able to explain some time before the next new year hopefully.

Thoroughly enjoyed evrybody's take on their genre pick and hope we all got something out of it.

I'm not going to bump up my song post so will take this opportunity to thank all who listened and commented.
For anybody who cares, the sampled soul song was The Spinners 'I'll Be Around'
The backing in the chorus was from Funkadelic 'One Nation Under A Groove'
The extra drum bit for which the prize was a 12 week quarantine cruise on The Diamond Princess was from the intro to 'Power Show' by Fela Kuti.
That's all folks!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer