Anyone use Splice?

• 4 Replies

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« on: April 23, 2020, 07:54:02 PM »
Hi peeps,
             just wondering if anyone here uses Splice, and if so, what their thoughts on it are?

As I gradually step up my attempts at production (no sniggering at the back there!) I'm thinking of possibly signing up to Splice. It's got a fairly low monthly rate of $7.99 and I think it could be worth it in terms of being able to download some very useful ear candy that can lift productions to the next level - vocal ad libs, one shots, loops, samples etc. There's a lot of very commercial and modern stuff in their catalogue that can be sliced, manipulated and used.If I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that the guitar riff from 'Friends' by Marshmello and Anne Marie was originally a loop taken from Splice.

Basically, I'm asking if the subscription is worth it. Alternatively if there's any other paid sites/catalogues that others use and can recommend I'd be keen to explore those too. Free sound sites are cool too, though I normally find the quality is variable, the product a lot less polished and some of it quite dated.

Thanks!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 09:06:38 PM »
Dear @sing4me88

Used to use it for a few months but dropped it as i really couldn’t get one with how the samples were indexed.

I also don’t use samples much at all, i invested my wallop in vst instruments...

Ask bibladeda he’s the king of samples

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 01:02:47 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's certainly made me pause on subscribing to Splice for now at least.

I checked out loopcloud on your recommendation John. Some really good stuff on there and it seems to be on par with Splice - well, for my needs at least. I've created the free account so will play around with that for now. Still to get to grips with how to use the desktop app but playing around with it is half the fun I reckon (plus there's some useful video tutorials available too).

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
Yes, and you can load all your own samples into it as well and manipulate pitch and bpm as well. Hours of fun to be had  :) @Sing4me88