konalavadome

Site for plug ins and apps?

• 6 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« on: April 18, 2020, 11:40:59 AM »
Hi all, does anyone know if there is a kind of marketplace website out there for music software, plug ins and apps? The kind of tools we all like to use.

Looking for stuff seems a bit random to me.

Thanks

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »
@MichaelA

Before you jump down this rabbit hole please use the members of this forum to guide you

Many of us have been down the rabbit hole and amassed a gazillion plugins and come out the other side where we only use a few “go tos” so we can save you a world of pain (and £$£$)

If you could post here with some more info of your current setup, the type of music you want to record, how you plan to record (record live instruments, use loops/samples etc.), whether you intend to use the software for live performance or just recording/producing and the quality you are aiming for (eg rough recordings or release quality) we can guide you in the right direction
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 04:12:11 PM »
Dunno what DAW you use but I would say begin using it's own tools and only buy when you are stuck and cannot move forward without whatever it is you think you need...I bought almost everything and hardly use any of it..LOL
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 06:29:55 PM »
Hey @shadowfax, you sound like you have my wife's approach to shopping! 😀 Thanks though, good advice.

Anyhow thanks Boydie, but someone has kindly contacted me and helped with the info I needed. So I definitely think I have saved some valued cash with the combined advice.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 09:14:49 PM »
+1 for boydies advice...Rabbit hole is a great analogy.

Theres a load of us here who will gladly help...but first make sure your listening environment is the best it can be otherwise you may throw money down the drain...

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 07:55:05 PM »
+2 for Boydies advice.

After a computer change I realised I had a LOT of plugs I never use....and like Boydies and others have mentioned, You get your own GOTOs.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 09:36:34 PM »
....funny ,  i was mixing a rather dodgy old piano recording and i thought id use  a plugin that I hardly use (bx_cleansweep pro) and that did it, super job, tried allsorts of de hissers and noise reduction, proximity reduction  plugs but this did it, bx_digitalv3 would probably have done it to.

I guess what I’m saying is maybe re visit some of your old plugs, my plugin browser sorts by function etc so it’s easy to see all the eqs or comps very handy...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:06:12 PM by cowparsleyman »