FabFilter pro EQ cheap alternative Gramotech Babylon £14.99

• 1 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: April 14, 2020, 12:20:22 PM »
Many folk rave about FabFilter Pro EQ (especially in EDM) and this is about £175 but there is one around that is as good This is called Crave EQ, but that is €59 Euros and that's a bargain, and it works just the same, but there is another one called Babylon by a company called Gramotech, and to put it bluntly it's very very good and only £14.99 at the moment (50% off) ...don't be put off by the price.

The reason these graphical eq's are so popular is that you can sweep about and see where there is clashing between tracks very easily.

So I took a punt and went for this, but to me it seems pretty good, SoundOnSound review was also favourable.

There's a free analyser which is also very good, just wanted to share this with you. (not sure about Mac versions though)

Obviously there are others out there, and no I'm not linked in anyway to Gramotech.

If you do go for it, let me know what you think.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
Hi Rich,

The Crave looks very much like pro Q, Both  have nice GUI's.

The new infinity EQ from slate is nice, I am hoping they add dynamics to it and it will be the bizzle, I still think Pro Q Has it all tho, pricey tho for us non pro guys.

Cheers for the heads up.