konalavadome

Broadband

• 7 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: April 09, 2020, 05:25:28 PM »
My broadband has become more and more unreliable over the last couple of weeks, my provider has warned of possible problems,but it’s pretty bad.Anyone else having similar problems. I know the system will be under pressure and don’t want to burden the provider, but.......
Cheers
Jamie

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 08:34:09 AM »
If it's not fit for purpose you need to record the times it's not usable and put a complaint in, I did this when our Sky internet was unreliable and got a reduction on payments....have since left Sky 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 10:03:26 AM »
Jamie,
Shop around if you have a choice.
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for the advice, all good. We live in rural Lincolnshire so we’re about as regional as it gets and we don’t have fibre to our village. We have a microwave system which is based on satellite dishes and line of sight to a mast. It normally delivers a reliable 50 meg but clearly the system is under pressure,and there haven’t been many suitable alternatives. One of my village mates has changed to EE mobile and is getting good reception. Ok thanks again, I’ll try the options suggested!
Cheers
Jamie
@nooms @shadowfax @neilc

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 02:08:03 PM »
@Jamie

I agree with @nooms that the issue is most likely related to the numbers staying at home due to Covid-19, which has resulted in a massive increase in not only people working from home but also from using streaming services like Netflix, Amazon and Disney+

I believe these providers are even limiting the quality of the streaming to help - although I haven’t noticed a drop in picture or sound quality

Hopefully the world will be back to normal soon...
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 02:52:57 PM »
@Boydie
Thanks, I'm sure you're right, but I'm not so sure this will be over soon.....This forum remains a welcome rallying point!

Cheers
Jamie

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think this will be over until there's a vaccine..which basically means next year... :o :(
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!