Video?

• 5 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« on: April 05, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »
Just wondered what took people used and how the hell do you synch imagines to the music when you’ve recorded the performance on your Daw?

So I’ve one audio track and then three videos from different angles, I’m trying iMovie but not impressed  or intuitive imho.

:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 09:50:02 PM »
Hi Neil

The way I figured I'd do the christmas song video i did was to film myself playing the song all the way through in sync with the audio to give me a sort of foundation track...then i recorded more versions of me playing along on drums/bass/acoustic guitar exactly the same way...which gave me four full versions of in-sync video. Then I could edit it in a way to bring those other sections in and out over the original film...along with some other bits and pieces. It sometimes drifted in and out of sync for some unknown reason...but I was able to just use bits that were in sync. It was a bit of a headache to do...but worth it in the end, I reckon.

Other folks may well have better ways of doing it...that was the only one i've done...so will be interested to get any more ideas...

I used imovie and wished there was an easier and more intuitive/simpler way of doing it!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 10:06:26 PM »
That's a BRILLIANT vid @PaulAds !  How did you manage the dancing elves?  Is that Tony Hancock you are dancing with?  Anyhow I like your stripey tights...  Still love that song.
I've never made a video Neil so sorry can't be much help.  It's on my to-do list for this year though so do share how you get on.
It's all too beautiful.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »
Ta, @PaulyX

Yeah...I love Hancock.

He killed himself in a hotel room in Australia just after I was born...though I have no reason to believe the two events were in any way connected. It still pains me to think of it. Hancock killing himself, that is...rather than my own birth. Over the years, I've learned to live with both events  :P

I used the free online version of "Elf Yourself" and just used the screen record thing on my mac to grab the resultant video.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 09:58:32 AM »
@PaulAds - Just loved this, I thought that was Tony Levin playing, such a great song man, really dig it. Love the ricky too, Macca did something like this once too.

Superb work.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 08:04:28 AM »
Hi Neil,

I've done a fair few videos and piecing together the footage in time is painful. 

I use iMovie and I think it's excellent (given it's free!).  Once you work out how to delicately slide things around it works well.  And if you add some of the other things you can do with green screen overlays from other apps, you can create to your hearts content.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial