konalavadome

A song about current global events

• 3 Replies

Welsh Steve

• Busker
« on: April 04, 2020, 02:48:12 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/steve-lewis-36/storm

I work for the NHS and live in North Wales, and it saddens (and annoys) me that some are intent on ignoring all current travel policies and still heading this way for Easter. I kinda wrote this in frustration. I think it may be the first I've done with no guitars.

Storm
Beneath a clear blue sky
There's a storm outside
It's taking innocent lives
Nowhere to hide

And as we try to run
This storm has got a gun
It's gonna shoot someone
It's taking everyone

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 04:43:51 PM »
hi steve..
terrific groove with a touch of menace..understand the reason for writing..
gets up a nice head of steam  some neat syncopation going on..
love it as it doubles up on itself ..specially the second half..
was expecting a chord change and maybe a variation on a second verse but whatever..
enjoyed the ride..
could imagine a slide , even a touch of brass ..
great stuff
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 10:09:38 PM »
Hi Steve, I dig the way you didn't make the lyrics too specifically about current circumstances... it's certainly relevant now but the lyrics don't ram that down your throat.  I liked the synth patch choices and the step up in the beat from around 2:40 is great.  It's pretty hypnotic overall, a little sinister, which fits the theme of course.  Strong track with some very hooky synth parts now lodged in my brain.  I assure you I will now cancel my planned Good Friday hike up Snowdon and stay home.  :-)
It's all too beautiful.

Welsh Steve

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 07:03:14 PM »
Thanks guys.

Paulyx… I'm glad you're slog up Y Wyddfa is postponed...I'm thinking of setting up my own checkpoints on both bridges to Anglesey as that's where I live.
Noons...I was actually thinking of putting in some brass, so on your recommendation I just might. The key change thing is kinda out of my musicality skill set I think....otherwise I'd have tried that