Fearless

• 31 Replies

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 10:59:52 AM »
completely understand the sentiment .. letting them go..
'will you pick me up ?
where are you love ?
i dont know !'

simplicity of the recording makes it all the more real
beautiful song
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 11:47:11 PM »
Wow thanks so much for the positive feedback.. blown away tbh... much appreciated..

@nooms  - lol - yes all ahead of me ... the stretching was moving into teen years and the independence that comes with that - I'm not sure how I'll cope with the "Pick me up..." phonecalls... :)

@Bostonfan2  Thank you!

@CaliaMoko  - I hear you! I haven't played piano much for ages... need to practice but even moreso need to practice guitar.. Thanks for your lovely comment.

@Skub - Davy you are too kind as always.. I don't deserve, but do appreciate your lovely comment...

@PaulAds - thanks so much <3

@MichaelA  yes we're a feisty bunch alright... Thanks so much for your lovely comments..

@Jamie yes there's nothing I love more than an odd chord... I can't help myself.. Thanks a mill!

@montydog - thanks so much.. lovely comments..

@cowparsleyman - thanks a mill for your comments.. delighted... Re recording together, no I didn't .. it was guide piano --> guide vocal --> actual piano --> actual vocal...

@shadowfax thanks a mill... lovely to read that..

@5 guys named Lars @Sterix  @Melusine2 - thanks a mill!

@pompeyjazz thanks so much for your lovely comments here and on SC..

@David Christy Jones thanks for your lovely comments and for the offer and the recording advice...much appreciated

As I said, chuffed...

K

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »
Hi Karen,

Stunning.
Adele should take note how to do a piano ballad.

Wonderfully melancholy.
Piano sounds great.
Those low harmonies are to die for.

This should get much wider exposure.

Love it.

Digger

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 11:37:55 AM »
Hi
A beautiful song, beautifully sung.Lovely emotive lyrics and a very evocative piano accompaniment. 1st Class.

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2020, 04:06:02 PM »
Really nice! The fact it's just piano really draws you in.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2020, 08:01:46 PM »
Hi,
Sounding lovely, clear and delicate
Great lyrics and like the chords and melody
Production just right too
Lots to like here
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 07:57:36 PM »
Thanks so much @Neil C @dinnerwithgreedo @Grubstar @digger72 for your rather lovely comments. Too kind and much appreciated...

K

Andyb

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 03:54:27 PM »
This got me right in the feels. Beautifully done

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 10:04:03 AM »
Love this - very nice idea to pick out the "fearless" characteristic, such a positive and original take on a common situation. And a nice counterpoint that her mother is holding back and maybe (of course) will never stop having a parent's concern. Reading the "first time I held you" I was a little underwhelmed (heard it all before yadda yadda) but the way you brought it over made it so personal and true. Added to which the hands/catching/holding/letting go theme works brilliantly all through. Fabulous song and performance.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2020, 09:13:31 PM »
@Andyb thanks so much.. can't ask more than that!!

@adamfarr - thanks a mill.. Yeah I actually rewrote the 2nd verse because it was a little clichéd I thought... but then I reckoned I was writing it for my daughter, and that's what I wanted to say.. When she listened, it was at that point (and one other) she did that little hand on heart thing so it was the right call to leave it... She also called me out on the "burst with pride but you'll never know" bit :) pointing out she was well aware :) .... Thanks again - I always love reading your take on my songs and particularly lyrics..

K

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 03:17:42 PM »
So emotional, lovely vocal and great piano.

Perfect.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2020, 11:10:52 AM »
@MonnoDB I Really enjoyed that, the chrous is superb! Loved it. Gorgeous voice aswell

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2020, 05:08:22 PM »
Well I couldn't hear anything to not like in this.
Songs from the heart always tug at the heartstrings of others and you've plucked mine today.
My own daughter came to mind. I love the real piano - I didn't notice any pedal noise - but then I'm used to hearing that myself so I probably tune it out.

Wonderful song - you should be proud of this :D
Paul

Royston

• Open Mic
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2020, 06:40:04 PM »
So much to like about this song meaningful lyrics nice piano sound beautiful vocals lovely song

Royston

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »
Very late to the party on this Karen sorry.😊 Yep, it’s gorgeous! I love that chorus...so interesting with that chord progression underneath. She must love it I’m sure. This one will become a family heirloom I’m sure. Beautiful stuff....but that’s the norm with your songs.🤩🎶👊🏻🎶