Poll

Your favourite three songs

Desolation City (pompeyjazz)
10 (18.9%)
Geneveive (Andyb)
10 (18.9%)
Solid (Jambrains)
14 (26.4%)
Something Wicked This Way Comes (montydog)
7 (13.2%)
Turn On The Lights (Jamie)
12 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: April 26, 2020, 01:13:12 PM

SOTM: March 2020

• 20 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: April 04, 2020, 11:01:20 PM »
Song of the Month: March 2020 entries:

@pompeyjazz : Desolation City

@Andyb : Genevieve

@Jambrains : Solid

@montydog : Something Wicked This Way Comes

@Jamie : Turn Out The Lights

----------

You know it's going to be hard to narrow down the list when the first FOUR songs you listen to could all make it quite easily! :P

I'm currently ploughing my way through the entries and should get this thing kicked off tomorrow (Sunday).

I'll lay down the rules now though.

1. Whilst kickbacks/bribes from the artists between now and when I make my choices is not something I'm completely immune to, unfortunately they will not influence said choices. Translation: I'll pick them purely from a perspective of whether I like the song or not.

2. Three shall be the number of votes each voter shalt cast, being evenly between two and four, and shall count as one point apiece. If four be your votes then that, being more than three shall void your vote, lest thee trim thy votes to the nominal three before the ending of the voting period. If two be thine votes then thou mayest still cast vote three within the time constraints of the voting. If thou voteth only one or, worse, thou voteth for all five then, clearly, thee hath clearly not understood (or probably read these rules. And so endeth the sermon which today came from the book of Monty Python.

NB. this is now a timed poll which should end Sunday 26th April.

3. The voting period shall be THREE WEEKS - should give everyone a good amount of time to pick your faves.

4. I don't want to have to mess around recounting votes so if you change you mind you're out of luck if you've already sent me your votes.

5. The panel's (me) decision is final. In the event of a tie then it's a tie. In the event of an outright winner then they have a month to lord it over the rest of us minions. And if there are voting irregularities I wasn't bribed enough and some of the ballot boces will have mysteriously disappeared on the way to the counting hall...  :o

Good luck to all who make it to the list and those who don't. I'll edit this post later with the final entries.

Nb. Now it's the first SIX songs I've heard. Can no one write a little crap just to make my life easier?!! ;) :P

{edit} You're all a bunch of buggers, you know that? I've finally gone through all the contenders and on the first sweep I've narrowed them down to about FIFTEEN! And half the ones I've already culled were pretty decent! Honestly, cutting these down to five or six...

Also, I forgot to mention in the rules above that I won't be considering any of the Bond songs. That, at least, will make my life somewhat easier! A tad. Maybe... o_O
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:14:05 PM by Sterix »

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »
Well I've made my choices and my god that wasn't easy (I narrowed it down to 19 before getting to the really difficult culling part)! If you didn't make it, my apologies. There were at least another 3 or 4 songs that I could quite easily have put on this list (I mean really close to making it) and several others that were good enough to make it most months imho.

But I've gone with these. Congrats to those who made it. I went more with the songs that resonated with myself than I usually do (I usually try to spread the love around with the various genres) but this time I just couldn't do that.

Anyway, you have until Saturday April 25th to get your votes in (I was aiming for Sunday but mistyped the number and now it won't let me change it! Meh, 1 day won't make any difference).

{edit} If you're one of the entries please let me know, either here or in PM, that you have voted. I'll trust you that you actually have! :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:23:20 PM by Sterix »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 04:25:32 AM »
My vote is in!

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 08:01:03 AM »
Hate to be a twit but how do you vote? :P

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 11:09:37 AM »
@sterix

Thanks for the nomination and I have voted (not for myself :o).

Cheers
Jamie

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 12:05:27 PM »
@Sterix , despite my PhD in neuroscience I don't understand your voting rules. Can you clarify please ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 01:23:50 PM »
Hate to be a twit but how do you vote? :P
At the top of this page should be a poll with 5 options. Just choose 3 of them.

@Sterix , despite my PhD in neuroscience I don't understand your voting rules. Can you clarify please ;)
Choose your favourite three songs and tick their respective poll options above.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 01:55:09 PM »
Thanks Sterix - had a very pleasant listen to these last night and have voted!

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 11:33:01 PM »
Voted
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 11:12:39 PM »
Yup, exercised my democratic rights. Nice hosting Sterix.
It's all too beautiful.

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 08:02:04 AM »
Voted! Good selection & thanks for having me :-)

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 09:06:43 AM »
Cheers @Sterix . Good songs those.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »
I've receved one lot of votes via PM as someone was unable to use the voting mechanism above. So once the voting has concluded there will be adjustments to take into consideration these extra votes.

Royston

• Open Mic
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 04:53:36 PM »
I've voted very good selection of songs.