konalavadome

Solid Ground

• 20 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:35 PM »
@Jambrains
Hi, excellent production and playing as always, a great hook to it too. Very good, my only nit was that there is a cymbal sound which repeats a lot and doesn't sound very pleasing to my ear. It might be that it doesn't seem to decay naturally it sort of goes from loud to muffled :P :o . Sorry I don't have a more technical way of saying it. Still it's a great song.

Nice one!

Cheers
Jamie

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »
@shadowfax: thanks pal, means a lot coming from you!

@Grubstar: you're too kind, thanks!  :D

@PaulAds: thanks, we'll see what I can do to get it aired...

@PaulyX: thanks a mill!  :)

@Bostonfan2: thanks you!

@Paulski: thanks for listening and giving such positive feedback

@Muso1070: thanks!

@IronKnee: thanks Tom!

@digger72: Instant? Mission complete then :-) Thanks for listening!

@AndyB: thanks! Yes, vox levels are the most difficult aspect of mixing for me, you may very well have a point there.

@nooms: thanks! Yes, don't drive and listen at the same time is my recommendation  :)

@Melusine2: thanks you!

@pompeyjazz: thanks, appreciated  :D

@adamfarr: yes, I think you are right about the intro, tried without the delay and it worked better, thanks for that input, very valuable! :)

@Jamie: yes, I think you are right about the cymbals, Think that it is partly due to the hard hits that makes them "explode", the "sound" of the cymbals choose and the processing where I tried to "tame" them since they had a tendency to wash all over the place and the main purpose was the accent of the hit.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »
@Jambrains

Super song Johan.

Everything about this reeks of a journeyman working his craft,then we get to enjoy the result.

I love every aspect of this melodic rocker.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 08:35:43 AM »
The instrumental sounded to me like your best work.  The overall song wasn't my all time favorite from you, but it's right up there with your best.  To re-iterate, the instrumental IS (imo) your best work.  Beautifully recorded and arranged.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 04:33:49 PM »
It's definitely finished!  A great song, well played, sung and mixed.  Loved the intro!  As one of the others said, it should be on the radio.
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

adamwolf

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 03:43:39 AM »
I can't tell how to say this is a 'solid' song without feeling like I'm making a horrible pun :D. But man oh man, this is great. The drums and the guitar especially when it kicks in at first, the dynamics and the way it feels anthemic at parts. Great job, man!
and though we cry
we must stay alive
let my blood only run out
when my world decides
there is no way out
of your only life
so run on...
run on