konalavadome

RIP Song of the month?

• 39 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2020, 08:05:01 PM »
@MonnoDB Karen - I'm quite happy to trawl through the eligible songs (From members with 100+ posts) Over the next couple of days. Got some time on my hands  ;D ;D and let you have the list

Cheers

John
@pompeyjazz - thanks so much John!!! But let me ask people to edit their posts.. it’s not a big ask and it should make the task much easier. I’ll put up a post requesting this later...

K

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2020, 10:27:13 PM »
@MonnoDB

But let me ask people to edit their posts.. it’s not a big ask and it should make the task much easier. I’ll put up a post requesting this later...

Could you please hold fire on this

I don't want to change the whole operation of the forum to serve the song of the month competition

The main purpose of the forum is the community and reviewing songs so I don't want to introduce something like this without more time thinking it through

Many people may not be interested in the SOTM so trying to enforce a new rule means that moderators would need to enforce the rules etc.

I am interested to hear more views and the points raised in the discussion so please don't make any changes to the operation of the forum

I am not being grumpy - I just know from experience that small changes can have unintended consequences and as the owner of the forum I need to give any changes proper consideration before agreeing to them being implemented
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:30:54 PM by Boydie »
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2020, 12:13:16 AM »
@MonnoDB

But let me ask people to edit their posts.. it’s not a big ask and it should make the task much easier. I’ll put up a post requesting this later...

Could you please hold fire on this

I don't want to change the whole operation of the forum to serve the song of the month competition

The main purpose of the forum is the community and reviewing songs so I don't want to introduce something like this without more time thinking it through

Many people may not be interested in the SOTM so trying to enforce a new rule means that moderators would need to enforce the rules etc.

I am interested to hear more views and the points raised in the discussion so please don't make any changes to the operation of the forum

I am not being grumpy - I just know from experience that small changes can have unintended consequences and as the owner of the forum I need to give any changes proper consideration before agreeing to them being implemented

No probs @Boydie. Apologies for causing consternation.. Can you please delete my post in the Competitions subforum then as I don't appear to be able to delete my own post.

Let me know what you decide.

I also don't mean to be grumpy but I'm afraid I'm not willing to trawl through every post in Songs for Review to see what date they were posted in order to host the SOTM. I don't have the time and it's an unnecessary overhead to running the comp and as it's manual it's very much prone to error.  I'll await the verdict and hold off on hosting SOTM until a decision is made.

Karen

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2020, 12:26:15 AM »
I'm happy to host if you need one. I've got a little time on my hands too at the moment (11 weeks more of self-iso according to my doctors' orders! :P )

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2020, 12:29:32 AM »
I'm happy to host if you need one. I've got a little time on my hands too at the moment (11 weeks more of self-iso according to my doctors' orders! :P )

Sounds like a plan @Sterix !! Handing the baton over to you... Thanks a mill! :-)

K

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2020, 09:19:23 AM »
@MonnoDB

Thanks Karen

I also don't mean to be grumpy but I'm afraid I'm not willing to trawl through every post in Songs for Review to see what date they were posted in order to host the SOTM. I don't have the time and it's an unnecessary overhead to running the comp and as it's manual it's very much prone to error

I completely agree with this, which is why I want us to come up with an "elegant" solution to make everyone's life as easy as possible

It is really hard coming up with a solution that will please everyone (ie the people taking part in the discussions naturally like the competition element but I am aware there are lots that don't) so I think it is a good opportunity to discuss the whole approach - and I am sure if we all put our heads together we can come up with something AMAZING with the wonderful creative minds we have on this forum

I really do appreciate the time and effort members put in to running the events so I would like to find a way to make it as easy as possible!! - keep the discussion going and please feedback any points discussed during the online meetings
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2020, 11:50:49 AM »
@MonoDB. No problem. I'll get to work shortly. I agree with finding an elegant solution for it. It can be a lot of hard work (I take it seriously and listen - at least in part - to EVERY eligible song posted in the time frame).

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2020, 11:57:10 AM »
Way to go, @Sterix  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter