nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 10:57:08 PM »
powerful track..
love the 'rubber' bass loose as a washing line floating above the drums
lovely feel and production
together with the intimate vocal its portishead that comes to my mind..
when it takes off its a rush to the head..
great stuff ..hope it gets some media attention, deserves it
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »
Hi All,

Many thanks for the kind words, and comparison to bands - some of which I'd not heard of, but Depeche Mode will always bring me joy.

Alan - I agree with you in some part about Radiohead. I really liked their early stuff, up to and including OK Computer, then they lost me. Last time at Glastonbury I was ready to turn off after a turgid first hour. Thankfully they played more of the stuff I like towards the end.

Paulski - I double layered the bass sound at the beginning and the first part I got a sound I liked but it was too quiet, and too big a jump when the proper bass came in. So I turned it up and got that buzzing sort of sound - which wasn't really intentional. I've gone back in and tweaked the sound slightly and I think it may have got rid of it.

https://soundcloud.com/digger-72/justify

Will definitely look at an harmony line.

Probably as heavy as we're likely to get. Katja is more Joan Baez, Lana del Ray, Kate Bush - but my musical ability can't produce such songs.

Potishead - that's a direction we may well head. Got a track in the can which is much more along those lines. (Maelstrom.) I'll share next time.

Thanks again.
Have a great Easter.

Digger

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 02:41:34 PM »
Paulski - I double layered the bass sound at the beginning and the first part I got a sound I liked but it was too quiet, and too big a jump when the proper bass came in. So I turned it up and got that buzzing sort of sound - which wasn't really intentional. I've gone back in and tweaked the sound slightly and I think it may have got rid of it.

https://soundcloud.com/digger-72/justify
Yep - it's mostly fixed now - you have to listen hard to hear it now ;D

Grubstar

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »
Well a cheerful little ditty this aint but wow what a song, absolutely fantastic, loved it. Great production; the song has superb dynamics and fanantastic vocals/lyrics. The soundscape and guitars are truly masterful,  fabulous job!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 03:19:41 PM »
Joy and happiness indeed.
Cloying intimate then it all kicks off.
Love the contrast.
If this isn't being productive then keep it up slackers!
Loving the discordant saturated rock and vocal combo
:-)
neil 
songwriter of no repute..

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 09:51:20 AM »
Off the charts awesome 8) 8)..particularly liked the change at around 2.30 and the chug guitar in the right ear..super 8) thought the snare was a bit too loud though, but hey.being picky, great track!! 8) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »
Boom! Now that's track!
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »
@digger72 - Yes, I like this, the space you put in the production, is well worth it.

Lovely LVox EQ, perfect vocal delivery for the song, really dig this, think I'd double track at 1:57, and the 'just letting you know could have been a tap delay, with a slowly decay, decaying to distortion..

Is the held note a tad # at 3:00? maybe it's my luggoles?

Maybe put a smidgen of drum room verb on the drum buss.

just ideas really.

Great song indeed.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 04:43:17 PM »
Just awesome!  I love it.  The stereo split on headphones is just perfect.  Loved the vocal as well.

Perfect!  Add it to your Spotify, i need it on my playlist!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »
Made me think of Joy Division at the start...I don't know anything much of Radiohead...they kind of passed me by. And I'm more familiar with shampoo than I am with grunge.

Fab, moody feel...vocals are brilliant and stylish. Guitars were perhaps a little abrasive for me when they came crashing in...but I'm a bit of a dinosaur.

Anyway...top quality track from you two - as always!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2020, 08:03:35 PM »
Hi there, I'm with @PaulAds on that Joy Division reference, but nothing wrong with that after all these years. So many listeners won't have heard much of them anyway. Your Bandcamp artwork is a bit erm 'close' to 'Closer' though   ;)

It pulls away from JD though with the introduction of other instruments beyond the bass and then the fabulously atmospheric vocals and melody. Very immersive and a super track indeed.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860