konalavadome

Missions Accomplished.... (Onto Bond the album)

• 5 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« on: April 02, 2020, 09:56:33 PM »
Hey, starting a new thread since the curtain has officially closed on the Bond themes project now.  Time to roll the credits as 007 strides off into the sunset.
I for one thought it was a really interesting project... amazing how people approached it differently and embraced the theme in so many ways that were obviously 'Bond', and yet everyone's style / personality still shone through.  Big thanks to @Paulski @digger72 @pompeyjazz @adamfarr @PaulAds @LostBoy @Binladeda @Neil C @Wicked Deeds for being up for it and @Sterix for a cracking set of lyrics.
I think we've ended up with just about the perfect amount of tracks for an album - 10, totalling about 36 minutes.
Thanks @adamfarr for pulling the playlist together (https://soundcloud.com/lutehill/sets/bond-themes-2020) - could you just add Digger's to it Adam, then I think they are all there?
It sounds like @boydie is really busy right now and for the foreseeable but if we can all get him our tracks to master (as per his note in the other thread) we can try and get the album ready for the delayed movie release... that's 12 November now.  Boydie you'd kindly offered to mix the winner's, but we have no winner... so I guess you could just mix any or none of them... whatever you think could benefit from it, if your time allows on the other side of C19?
What shall we call it?  "Lots of Time to Die" ?!
It's all too beautiful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »
Congrats everyone!

@PaulyX Digger's track is private (which I think is what he wanted) so I can't add it.

I wonder if all or any participants could contribute something to getting Sterix's track recorded? Just a thought.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 03:39:57 PM »
Just listened to the whole collection - amazing work guys!  ;D ;D

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »
Hi Adam/Pauly,

Track shouldn't be private now.

Thanks,
Digger

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 12:08:35 PM »
It sounds like @boydie is really busy right now and for the foreseeable but if we can all get him our tracks to master (as per his note in the other thread) we can try and get the album ready for the delayed movie release... that's 12 November now.  Boydie you'd kindly offered to mix the winner's, but we have no winner... so I guess you could just mix any or none of them... whatever you think could benefit from it, if your time allows on the other side of C19?

@PaulyX

I am committed to this project so will find time to fit it in - which may be a welcome distraction from Covid-19

I will therefore master each of the 10 songs entered (assuming people want the mastered/re-mastered) - I haven’t listened to any yet so I think the best approach would be to contact me via PM if you want your track mastered and we can discuss how to get it to me, the best format etc.

If you don’t want your track mastered/re-mastered (which I would completely understand if you have done it yourself) then please drop me a PM to let me know

We can then “take stock” in a few weeks

Rather than mixing the winner we could look to do a bit of a forum Collab on the lyrics @Sterix wrote?

I am not sure if anyone has started writing music yet but I would be up for doing something with some contributions from others and then produce, mix and master this track for the album
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 12:31:12 PM »
I wrote the lyrics to a tune (I posteda  link to my rough vocals earlier in this thread). If anyone wants to have a crack at it I'm more than happy...