CU Next Tuesday, M8

• 23 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 02:22:09 PM »
Hi Paul,

Well that was different. Vocal totally sounds like a voice over and should be on TV ads or some comedy sketch show.

Works well.

Digger

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »
Hey Paul, another great, good fun track. 
I also thought from the title this would be about the challenge of writing a Middle Eight.  I guess I need to brush up on my text speak.  I'm not really sure what it is about actually, but that's cool, I don't need to know to enjoy it.
The riff is killer and I loved the leanness of the track - no unnecessary filler at all.  I could also imagine your own vocals working really well over this, although the synthetic vocals do feel like they are underlining a point.
Excellent spirit-of-indie-rock vibe here.
It's all too beautiful.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »
Tremendous!!!!!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 02:14:21 AM »
I always enjoy your approach to music making Paul.  This is melodic and rhythmic, driving along nicely.  Whilst the spoken word is cool, I can't help but wonder why didn't you turn this int a really cool song with a fitting vocal melody?

Still it grabbed my attention from the beginning.

Paul

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 06:16:13 AM »
This is superb..nice one Paul. Brilliant idea with the narrator (I wish I`d thought of it  ;D). It bounces along, catchy, fun & the lyrics are great. Congratulations.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 08:45:37 AM »
Ta, everyone.

This was just a throwaway bit of fun but I'm pleased you mostly liked it.

I have a bit of an aversion to bumping any of my songs back to the top when they've reached the end of their natural...but it's nice to get the chance to say "thank you" to everyone who took the time to listen and/or comment...

Cheers!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 09:31:02 AM »
@PaulAds - i really enjoyed it, a great idea.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 01:30:52 PM »
@PaulAds
Hi Paul,I'm glad you did bump it because I listened to this before and I was sure I'd commented.... ::) :P. There are some people inhere that I always make a point of reviewing their stuff, not only because they are talented and rarely disappoint, but also who spend a lot of time commenting on others work, and you are one of them!

Great song and original idea. Nice guitar tones on a catchy riff, with the deadpan delivery of a tax collector. Excellent! I do use facebook but I NEVER comment on politics/religion etc because its just not worth the grief.There are plenty of loonies out there....

Anyway, great stuff as usual Paul

Cheers
Jamie

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 06:16:53 PM »
Hope you're paying Apple a share of the royalties - they need the money! :P

Nice fun little song, Paul.