konalavadome

Coping with self isolation

• 108 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2020, 09:50:24 PM »
We'll get another one set up Paul @Wicked Deeds .8pm next Friday if that works for everyone. The technology worked well and it would be lovely to see a few more of you guys. Bring your own booze though

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2020, 10:45:17 PM »
Happy birthday John,sorry I couldn’t join, I’m sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the coming weeks and months. Hope it went well!

Stay well!

Jamie

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 12:09:59 AM »
Happy birthday John, hope you had a good one, despite being isolated! Will try to make it next friday or at the next conference :)

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 07:25:36 AM »
It was a great to put faces and voices to some names. Happy to do it again next week. I'll get lyrics to peeps shortly.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2020, 12:38:33 PM »
On the general topic of 'coping with isolation' I have to say I'm finding it difficult to try to be creative at the moment. I find it's easier to distract myself with mundane tasks such as digging in the garden or getting unwanted stuff ready to take to the tip (which is closed anyway). I'm finding that the general national/global mood of apprehension and misery has suppressed the inner muse. Hopefully it will return after this unwanted holiday!

Is anyone in the same boat, or has anybody not been particularly  affected creatively? Or even, by contrast, is anyone more productive than normal? I find it both interesting and mysterious how this creativity thing works.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2020, 01:24:50 PM »
@MichaelA - a bit of both actually, edm stuff is really hard for me at the moment, but acoustic is easier, I’m revisiting Classical guitar...Cowparsleydaughter is busy re learning Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement which inspires me to attack a Bach Courante which i learned and forgot a year or 2 ago, but i love playing it.

I’m also toying with an idea of a funk number which references some members here...

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2020, 01:31:17 PM »
Just monkeying about doing the left hand while she’s doing the right, laughs a plenty, not a single note is right, les dawson eat your heart out!!!!!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »
Well @cowparsleyman , even a comedy attempt at Moonlight Sonata Third is pretty amazing. Your daughter must be almost a genius. But keep going with that left hand part, which is super complicated in itself. Or maybe you should go back to the First Movement. I reckon even I could learn that. Plus it is beautiful too!

Anyway thanks, you have given me an idea what to do. I shall practice guitar as I have been stuck in a rut on the same average level for years. It's just that I would rather write songs and come up with song structures than actually do the hard work of learning to be a technically better player. But seeing as I am in the dead zone creatively I think I will look up some YouTube intermediate lessons or something.

Cheers Rich - and good luck with the Beethoven!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 11:43:32 PM »
I just got a text message and a letter from my GP surgery (they're working late it seems). I'm marked down as vulnerable at at risk of getting it bad and been told to isolate for 12 weeks!

Reading the letter, though, it says to limit proximity to other members of the household during this time so I'm just wondering - is it the sofa full time or will she be nice and alternate with me? :P

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2020, 07:10:31 PM »
At this moment, I dont have anything more important to do, so that would have been brilliant, i`ll bring some beers :p

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2020, 10:42:37 PM »
I’ll be there 😀
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2020, 11:09:15 PM »
Ps I’m still at work, of course...with being an nhs driver...but I think I’m really lucky to still be able to work.

I’m not really writing much at the minute...just tidying up the stuff I wrote in February...and a couple of other recent below-par vocal performances...same old story  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2020, 06:51:09 PM »
Hopefully I'll be awake for it! Last few days I've been feeling okay whilst working but then just feeling drained and falling asleep. By the time I wake up the wife wants me to spend some time with her and then it's time for bed. Feel like I'm heading that way again now... Zzzzzzz