Coping with self isolation

• 108 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »
I downloaded to desktop and mobile and tested @PaulAds It seems pretty easy to use. Gimme a shout when you're ready

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 12:36:07 PM »
Drum kit in the loft....working  at home soon ...

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 12:42:53 PM »
Can I watch ? :-)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 12:55:30 PM »
John and I tested this just now...works fine and was pretty easy to set up. I signed up with Zoom for a free account...verified the account, downloaded the relevant software and then invited John along to the meeting.

Audio quality was ok for chatting but i did a couple of test recordings and it was pretty grim for guitar/vocal...not surprising, I guess...as that's probably not really what it's meant for...

If anyone else wants to join in for a several-way chat please give us a shout on the thread and we'll see if we can get a group chat going...

Everyone welcome, of course...i think that'd be great if we can get a few involved...nothing serious, of course...just a few quick "hello"s and maybe a minute or so to introduce yourselves, etc and we can take it from there...

Anybody up for a songwriter forum natter sometime? If so, wecan arrange a convenient time for us to give it a go.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:58:04 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 02:07:18 PM »
Count me in. I'll be available after work.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 02:09:02 PM »
This is actually a great idea. I'll try to pop in but not entirely sure what I'd offer.... ;D

It could turn out to be the first virtual steps to having a forum get together that's been much mentioned on the forum at various stages over the years!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 04:09:05 PM »
Let me know and, if I'm available, I'll be there. If I don't forget.

One thing I noticed about Zoom (maybe this is universal, I don't know)...only one person can make noise at a time. It seems like the loudest person gets the mic. So, no duets. We tried in my group here. The harmony voice blocked the melody voice. Oops!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 04:11:40 PM »
Oh, a completely different way to get together virtually...streetjelly.com (and others like it). Only one person can have the video, and you can't chat out loud; it's all done by typing in. Like Messenger. But if one person wanted to play and the rest of us listen, it's better quality than Zoom for music. Anyone in the world (who's on streetjelly) can log in, though. I don't know if there's a way to limit who can attend the "concert".

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 08:48:52 PM »
Hi guys, if im about when you organise it I’d be happy to join.

Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 09:33:34 PM »
Ok all. I'm suggesting 8pm this Friday 27th March. It's my birthday as well so we could all meet up for a virtual beer. You need to download the Zoom app on your mobile or tablet as well. I will post a link on this thread at 19:55 UK time and as long as you have the app installed it should work. Have done quite a few of these calls over the past few days and all have worked well although not so good away from wifi which is not a problem now. Let me know if you're in and I sincerely hope that you are all OK.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 09:48:08 PM »
Count me in too, if it's at a time when I'm up and about, and if I can figure out the tech-i part  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 11:00:17 PM »
Cool...I'm in!

Been a bit tied up for a day or two...but fine now  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 03:57:03 AM »
Well, most days 8:00pm your time would work great for me (3:00pm my time), but Friday that's right in the middle of therapy time, so I'll miss. But keep me in the loop for future gatherings, please!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 08:24:05 AM »
Reaper users I think this is what you are looking for! #ninjam