konalavadome

Coping with self isolation

• 108 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« on: March 20, 2020, 05:39:57 PM »
Ok so given the virus and need to stay distance and self isolate, which seems an anathema to us humans, and pubs and gigs are shout down, what are you doing to keen the flame alive and sane?

I’m going to try some online conferenced songwriting circle. Need to sort the tech out but most conferencing services should be good enough for audio, video might be variable for some I guess.

So please share other ideas

Keep well

:-) Neil
songwriter of no repute..

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 06:42:59 PM »
I have joined a FB group Covid Gig (The Festival At Home) where lots of guys are posting videos of their live performances. Just made a couple of vids and it's good practice for playing live again which I hope to do when this is all over

Take care all.....

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 07:03:00 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what's really going on  ;)

Good luck with that, Neil...looks really interesting.

And great work, PJ  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »
Oh yeah, I knocked up a little website today as a portal for my music as it's on a lot of different platforms and good to have one place to put everything!

https://pompeyjazz.wordpress.com/

Love to you all

John

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 10:29:28 AM »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
Anyone on here fancy giving this a go amongst ourselves some time in the next few days?

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 11:59:29 AM »
Paul, I'd be up for it one evening. I'll let you know how I get on with the collab technology, if you sort out what and how we'd do the session.
:-)
neil   

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 01:12:01 PM »
I'm a little shy but I could chime in. If little else I could be the group's version of the prisoners' pom-pom "girls" from The Mean Machine and offer up some moral support.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 10:15:00 PM »
How's it looking with the video tech stuff @Neil C @PaulAds ? I'm quite happy to do some more research into it tomorrow if you guys are busy but it would be great to have a virtual catchup. I don't know why we haven't thought of this before tbh ! Anyway,  would love to see everyone join in and maybe our first session could be a chat, just to say hello to each other and discuss what we could do

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 10:55:41 PM »
A community I'm part of has met twice recently, using Zoom. If you're okay with limiting the meeting time to 40 minutes or less, it's free for up to 100 people. Plus, if you run out of time, you can immediately start a new 40-minute meeting, if you want. We did that once. I think this might be a special they're doing because of the coronavirus, but I would have to look it up to be sure.

We looked at Skype, but the free version limits meetings to 10 people for 60 days and 3 people after that, if I remember right.

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 11:45:49 PM »
I used to use a website called Tinychat back in the day to host video calls with friends in the states. I don’t think there was any limit to the number of people. I’m sure there’s quite a few sites like this around now
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 12:06:50 AM »
I checked out a few possibile ways of doing it...but got a bit tied up in other things!

I will have another look later today...but i thought Zoom looked pretty good...the 40 minute thing isn't a problem, really.

I think it's a great idea. I'll have a think about how we could maybe approach things too...but that's a good idea @pompeyjazz about just doing a fairly short thing initially to say "hello" etc and see if things work ok...then we can see where to go from there...

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 10:36:21 AM »
Absolutely, John @pompeyjazz I'll give you a shout once I'm ready to go 😃